Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Microbob scammed posts (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381648)

Peter Harris 04-18-2007 11:15 AM

Re: Microbob scammed posts

anyone else think the law courts need more people like Mike in residence? I don't think i've ever seen an unfair call in his existence.

Mike Haven 04-18-2007 11:46 AM

Thank you, Peter. Judging from the content of some of the pm's I've received, unfortunately you might be in a small group there! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I was also thinking, wouldn't it be ironic if the guy's Twoplustwo account had been hacked? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

brendanb438 04-18-2007 01:45 PM

Some guy made up a story about stealing your money and you want him permabanned? Please DramaBob. Please.

-Brendan

Peter Harris 04-18-2007 02:32 PM

It's an invariable law that anyone in a position of responsibility hears more negative comments, as people will always tell you when something goes wrong, but rarely when everything goes off without a hitch.

I've been naughty on this forum too, so i can say from an observer and an offender's pov that you do a great job [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

train. 04-18-2007 03:25 PM

My mom thinks Mike is brilliant!

cardman 04-18-2007 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you, Peter. Judging from the content of some of the pm's I've received, unfortunately you might be in a small group there! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I was also thinking, wouldn't it be ironic if the guy's Twoplustwo account had been hacked? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I disagree with you. A few days ban? Is that even a punishment at all? Seriously, that's not even a slap on the wrist. If he does it again, perma-ban him next time. Or will it also be a few days ban?

Peter Harris 04-18-2007 09:17 PM

this is obv the school of no second chances. The guy has been reprimanded and is on parole, why be draconian?

I think Jim made the right call and Mike was an excellent arbitrator, and it's much easier to criticise. If the op is stupid enough to do it again, then yes i think a harsher ban is appropriate.

soah 04-18-2007 09:31 PM

I didn't see any of the posts in question but banning a guy for making up a story which ultimately doesn't hurt anyone seems pretty ridiculous. If he caused anyone any inconvenience or stress then give him a warning and a temp ban, seems fine to me.

ncboiler 04-18-2007 09:32 PM

I think a two day ban is pretty lame. Sorry. Just MHO. How about 2 days and a nice nasty custom title for a couple of months. Something like "lying idiot". Suggestions?

Artsemis 04-18-2007 10:23 PM

I've always enjoyed Microbob's posts but I don't think this was bad at all. Yes, it needs stopped to prevent others from following up but anything more than a 2-day ban is ridiculous over a lie.

Save some lengthy bans for when he really does it.