Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   What else can I do? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379722)

wrkingtobegreat 04-16-2007 04:11 PM

Re: What else can I do?

The thing is- you had to figure you were way ahead--u want to bet for value not just blow him out of the hand with an enormous flop bet. I mean A)how could you reasonably know he was on a draw, and B)Its not like you pussied with a half-sized flop bet or anything, you put some chips in. You just got real unlucky-it happens.

ddubois 04-16-2007 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how could you reasonably know he was on a draw

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I would propose that a general truism about top set is you have the deck crippled, so the only time you get strong action is when they have an under set, or a draw to something better than a set.

It seems ludicrous, but IMO, it's far more profitable to have TT here, because then there are all kinds of Ax hands you can stack.

150bb deep with position, I expect him to play suited connectors, although I was surprised he went as weak as 75s.

ddubois 04-16-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are vastly overestimating how often he a) Has a flush draw on the flop b) Has a flush, on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
What are your estimations?

I'm having trouble coming up with combos of semi-bluffing hands (AhJd/AhQd?) left in the deck that can see the turn, and even those have to be discounted because they rarely shove this deep against my displayed strength.

terp 04-16-2007 04:40 PM

i don't think anyone is arguing with you over the awkwardness of playing this hand postflop with these stacks, but your answer pretty much lies in your title.

also, do you normally bet full pot on the flop in a reraised pot? if he's never semibluff shoving or such and he's calling any amount than this is fine; i'm just curious

Big_Jim 04-16-2007 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are vastly overestimating how often he a) Has a flush draw on the flop b) Has a flush, on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
What are your estimations?

I'm having trouble coming up with combos of semi-bluffing hands (AhJd/AhQd?) left in the deck that can see the turn, and even those have to be discounted because they rarely shove this deep against my displayed strength.

[/ QUOTE ]
Once he shoves, he has it a good amount of the time, and is very rarely semi-bluffing.

He's not gonna be shoving here very often though.

ddubois 04-16-2007 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, do you normally bet full pot on the flop in a reraised pot?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, this was a big aberration, probably a tell, and probably a mistake. I basically invited him to call and stack me, rather than try to semi-bluff me. I almost always do something closer to 60%. In the moment, the rationalization went through my head "maybe this will look bluffy, because who the hell full pot cont bets in reraised pots?", but I think deep down, I just did it because I had top set, knew I was committed, and didn't want to get sucked out on 150bb deep.

Against the real whales I will bet my big hands bigger because I know they'll call any pair/any draw regardless of my bet size, but this villain is a presumably-thinking regular.

ipokeder 04-16-2007 05:05 PM

wow this is such a [censored] easy hand

150bb, you have top set, you could easily have him oversetted, flop is A high with Ad and you full potted and he called, turn is Kd. chance he has a flush draw here is so small and even if he has it you have [censored] top set so whatever just hit a boat

he has AK/TT/KK/66 here so often that doing anything other than what you did is simply retarded

sauce123 04-16-2007 05:07 PM

fold preflop. fold flop

now that u got this far shove turn

Big_Jim 04-16-2007 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop. fold flop

now that u got this far shove turn

[/ QUOTE ]
plz be funny next time you decide to troll

kthnx