Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   nl200: bvb with an overpair: whats the best turn line? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378675)

TwistedEcho 04-14-2007 10:56 PM

Re: nl200: bvb with an overpair: whats the best turn line?

I bet turn

Better Than U 04-14-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet turn and do not fold to a raise

[/ QUOTE ]

tubasteve 04-14-2007 11:17 PM

No one thinks this player's range includes a lot of floats in a blind battle? Villain usually doesn't have a hand that can stand two bets here. A player with 4.5 AF is probably raising almost any draw on the flop, so I don't think we need to be super worried about giving a free card.

Also, since we have QQ, if he has something like JT or 9T he is in really bad shape, so checking is less dangerous here.

Against a fishy player, betting is obviously correct here. Against a solid one, does it really maximize our expectation?

_TKO_ 04-15-2007 02:17 AM

I like betting. It could get value from a hand that kind of wants to call us down (although it might put us in an awkward spot on the river after he calls, regardless of what falls). Also avoids putting us in a dumb spot by us checking.

NoahSD 04-15-2007 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one thinks this player's range includes a lot of floats in a blind battle? Villain usually doesn't have a hand that can stand two bets here. A player with 4.5 AF is probably raising almost any draw on the flop, so I don't think we need to be super worried about giving a free card.

Also, since we have QQ, if he has something like JT or 9T he is in really bad shape, so checking is less dangerous here.

Against a fishy player, betting is obviously correct here. Against a solid one, does it really maximize our expectation?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a [censored] board to float with total air because it hit so many hands.

I think he checks back a lot, and most of the hands that he'd bet if checked to aren't folding if you bet.

I really disagree that he's raising any draw on the flop too. This is a good board to call with one draw and rep the other if it comes, and he has to worry about you shoving over a good sized raise.

tannenj 04-15-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think cehck raising is ridiculously bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

BalugaWhale 04-15-2007 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think cehck raising is ridiculously bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

[/ QUOTE ]

i can think of a lot of good reasons to c/r
id like to hear your reasoning too raptor

i think c/r is easily the best line here