Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   KJs turn play (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375741)

BGnight 04-11-2007 02:53 AM

Re: KJs turn play

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still C/C that river.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny, this is what I'd probably do in reality, but I think we're leaving a lot of value by checking. If he pushes here are we calling anyway? That would be gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree to some extent concerning leaving value, but betting that river weakly is a recipe to be outplayed if you plan on folding to a shove. Keep in mind, we might have been behind this entire hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think we get outplayed by a worse hand on this river??? That seems very improbable. TJ???

djj6835 04-11-2007 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
c/c turn push river sounds sexy

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I would do. Our hand is pretty well disguised and it looks like a bluff to a lot of villains.

MasterLJ 04-11-2007 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still C/C that river.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny, this is what I'd probably do in reality, but I think we're leaving a lot of value by checking. If he pushes here are we calling anyway? That would be gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree to some extent concerning leaving value, but betting that river weakly is a recipe to be outplayed if you plan on folding to a shove. Keep in mind, we might have been behind this entire hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think we get outplayed by a worse hand on this river??? That seems very improbable. TJ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily... but the fact that we could have been very far behind from the flop onwards makes me want to play conservatively on the river.

BGnight 04-11-2007 02:57 AM

The more I think about it, pushing on the second J screams bluff. standard

BGnight 04-11-2007 03:00 AM

MJ, QQ seems like only likely hand betting this strong that beats us. I think the J on river commits us to putting our stack in the pot.

cakewalk 04-11-2007 04:15 AM

What if we lead turn ?

It may scare a few hands into folding or going passive and having it go check check on the river, and we could see a river a lot cheaper than calling a pot-sized ($23/$26.50) bet.

If he does just call I think a lot of the times when we hit one of our outs we're going to get paid off pretty well when we lead river.

If we get raised we can either safely fold knowing we're pretty far behind and there aren't a lot of rivers that are going to help us, or if we're feeling lucky we can shove over the 2 bet.

jii 04-11-2007 07:04 AM

Am I the only one here that doesn't see the value of pre-flop call? We need to have a huge bluffing equity on flop to make it +EV.

TwistedEcho 04-11-2007 08:05 AM

Shove river

HoldEmNewby 04-11-2007 09:59 AM

Is turn call spew if we don't feel villain would bet here with a worse hand?

pdoran10 04-11-2007 10:01 AM

i c/c turn praying for this Jack or a flush obv. lead rivar for a little less than half pot or shove river depending on table image. Im paying off a shove over the top of my river bet.