Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Sharkscope (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369039)

Kevin8423 04-01-2007 02:28 AM

Re: Sharkscope

Lol very true, I didn't think of that.

I think I'll just say invest in all of the above cause its all very helpful, but for a very new player more experience and 2+2 are very important.

FeNeF 04-01-2007 02:30 AM

For SNGs, PT+PAHUD is not necessary at all. It's an additional luxury. SNGPT is absolutely vital.

I don't see how this is a legimate point of discussion, it's not even close.

NU Star 04-01-2007 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For SNGs, PT+PAHUD is not necessary at all. It's an additional luxury. SNGPT is absolutely vital.

I don't see how this is a legimate point of discussion, it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find PT and AceHud very helpful...I'm not going to know that a guy is 60/30 when multitabling unless I can see it right there.

DiCkO 04-01-2007 04:40 AM

What is SNGPT? Obviously not hte same as PT.

I have PT and GT+ but I havn't got round to working out how to use it for SNGs. I assume from reading this thread that I should get on to it as a priority.

HoRRoR 04-01-2007 06:08 AM

i use spadeicm and i find it's more easy to use for beginners due to graphical interface

but yes indeed, some icm software is absolutly necessary

kozip 04-01-2007 09:53 AM

an icm software does not tell you, who´s the dead money at your table. spotting 40%vpip players in the early level is far more important (at low buyins) then any ICM software.

theblitz 04-24-2007 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
an icm software does not tell you, who´s the dead money at your table. spotting 40%vpip players in the early level is far more important (at low buyins) then any ICM software.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am also new to SNGs and have started ok.

I use PT and PAHud. In fact, I was one of the first guys to use it.

How does it work for SNGs? Surely the VPIP varies as the blinds go up. Do the stats adjust themselves to only show the current blind level?

About SNGPT - how do you use it? Checking borderline decisions after the matter? Whilst playing?

Also, anyone use ICM Toolkit or SitNGo Wizard?

Foldem78 04-24-2007 08:50 PM

If early game all you did was play premium hands (QQ+, AK+) and limped pocket pairs (22+)..you wouldn't be losing out on as much value as if you didn't know when to push in middle/late stages of an sng..

SNGPT>HUD..

HUD probably more important in higher buy-ins..but, that is assuming you have pushbot strategies down to a science...

I'm pretty sure this is right; and I don't know much.

GotQuads 04-24-2007 08:58 PM

I have a sharkscope subscription, I find it very useful. I bought SNGPT and checked out other tools like SNG Wizard, they look all extremely powerful. Don't know which one of them is currently the best? Anyone using both SNGPT and SNG Wizard regularly?

vers 04-24-2007 10:35 PM

I had sharkscope for a month and used it to search tournies between 25-$100 and only 2 tabled ones with high fish ratings. That worked out pretty well, but I used it in combination with PT and Pokerace. Both programs are essential for sngs. There are soo many good spots in late game sngs that you'd normally miss like say someone with a vpip of 30+ limps EP. I shove with soo maany hands and pick up the dead money and rarely risk getting called. SNGPT is also critical for bubble play and knowing how to exploit it.