Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Irritating office yambags (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367832)

TheDudeAbides 03-30-2007 11:39 AM

Re: Irritating office yambags

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Examples:

Says Dee-ZEM-ber instead of December
Says ACK-a-ru-al (splitting into four syllables) instead of accrual
Will always ask for my John Hitchcock when he needs a signature
We have a printer that makes a lot of noise that he calls Chew-bookah (Chewbacca)

It's the little things that drive me nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is he Nigerian or something? Also...on the John Hitchcock thing, he's gotta be levelling you with that one!

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could say he was (levelling me that is, not Nigerian) - but he's not nearly smart enough to level anyone.

He's not Nigerian but he is from Newfoundland, so that might explain things.

danzasmack 03-30-2007 11:40 AM

27o,

I would have killed myself one week in. Good luck.

MasterLJ 03-30-2007 11:42 AM

BBV knows of my tribulations.

My boss sits about 4 feet away from me and smacks constantly. I want to hang myself with my mouse chord at times.

Dids 03-30-2007 11:48 AM

I tried to post about the people in my office that upset me, but just thinking about it made me annoyed, so I decided that I won't and instead will enjoy the fact that they're both out today.

Fingernail Clipping in public is the worst though. Who thinks that is ok.

swede123 03-30-2007 11:53 AM

My coworkers are mostly considerate and quiet. And having a real office with a door is a plus if you really can't stand something particular one day.

Fortunately she's no longer with my company but there used to be this one troll-like lady who would remove her shoes and walk around barefoot (no socks or panty-hose either). Few things ruin your appetite at around 11:30 like some fat lady-feet with toe rings.

Swede

MrTrik 03-30-2007 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Fortunately she's no longer with my company but there used to be this one troll-like lady who would remove her shoes and walk around barefoot (no socks or panty-hose either). Few things ruin your appetite at around 11:30 like some fat lady-feet with toe rings.
Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be skipping lunch now. At least you saved me $6 Swede. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Quanah Parker 03-30-2007 12:08 PM

I think the environment of an office, and spending 40+ hours in it a week make the occupants hate each other.

27offsuit 03-30-2007 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Fingernail Clipping in public is the worst though. Who thinks that is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though I tread lightly with him because he is 'off', I jokingly, and only because a cool officemate was listening, asked him a couple days ago if I could borrow his clippers after he was done because I wanted to clip my toenails...

mosdef 03-30-2007 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the environment of an office, and spending 40+ hours in it a week make the occupants hate each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes, but not always. If you get the right people together you kind of all appreciate the absurdity together and it stops being annoying and starts being funny.

dcasper70 03-30-2007 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will always ask for my John Hitchcock when he needs a signature

[/ QUOTE ]
Amuse yourself.
Start signing 'John Hitchcock' on the stuff he brings you. See how long it takes for him to notice.