Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The feminization of todays youth (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366326)

Skoob 03-28-2007 02:37 PM

Re: The feminization of todays youth

I think lots of it has to do with gender lopsided primary education system. All these female teachers are disciplining boys for behaving like boys. Boys are more physical than girls and when they behave in such a way it is frowned upon.

There is a serious gender bias in the US public education system and it's been going on for years and no one is doing a thing about it.

guids 03-28-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty hard not to notice. Any type of activity where "aggressive" behavior is required is becoming more and more frowned upon. People equate "aggressive sports behavior" with "aggressive social behavior/criminal aggression", which in most cases is completely wrong.

I blame people who don't capitalize or punctuate correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but what wrong with aggressive social behavior?

ElDuque 03-28-2007 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played football and I probably wouldn't want my kids to do so. I think the risk of serious or permanent injury is much higher than other sports. My kids can stick to hockey and muay thai.

[/ QUOTE ]

You, Sir, are part of the problem...

cbloom 03-28-2007 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's why I like military men. Strong! FIERCE! Then again, David Beckham > > > T.O.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the huge double-standard. Lots of people in society are against men being masculine and aggressive, but that's who women want to f**k.

BTW I think the soccer/football point is not a big deal, football is more dangerous, whatever, they're both physical and kids get pretty nasty in soccer too. The thing that bothers me is kids fighting in schools. A little fist fight shouldn't be treated like a huge big deal, and I hate when kids are taught to tattle instead of fighting back. Young boys fighting a bit is an important part of masculine social development and if you don't lay a few whoopings down you may never develop your silverback.

guids 03-28-2007 02:41 PM

the soccer v football debate is stupid, you can play either sport for any number of reason, personally, i enjoy soccer more, but it is when parents keep their kids from playing because they think they will get hurt is wht makes it a problem.

onthebutton 03-28-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty hard not to notice. Any type of activity where "aggressive" behavior is required is becoming more and more frowned upon. People equate "aggressive sports behavior" with "aggressive social behavior/criminal aggression", which in most cases is completely wrong.

I blame people who don't capitalize or punctuate correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but what wrong with aggressive social behavior?

[/ QUOTE ]

To a point, nothing is wrong with aggressive social behavior. Standing up for yourself, not being intimidated or scared when some one stands up to you, competition, etc.---all things like that are fine. Threatening or bashing in someone's head when they agree with you isn't.

For one, I don't equate participating in traditionally masculine activities with anything along the lines of these negative examples. Young boys can learn a lot from "guy" things, I know I did.

guids 03-28-2007 02:44 PM

I have a feeling that this is where a lot of the PUA stuff comes from nowadays, a generation of kids who cant get laid becuase they dont have enough testosterone.

onthebutton 03-28-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling that this is where a lot of the PUA stuff comes from nowadays, a generation of kids who cant get laid becuase they dont have enough testosterone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is an interesting and awesome thought.

Someone above said it, and I think it's partially true---our education system right now essentially tries to beat the personality out young boys, and make them act like females. Things that used to be common and even accepted behavior are now considered terrible behavior.

gamblore99 03-28-2007 02:48 PM

in regards to kids playing football, are there are lot of injuries?

cbloom,
I am all for taddling in the school. Fist fighting is fine if the kid is your size, but when your a small guy and there are angry fat kids who have self esteem issues fighting back isn't an option. If I tried that i would have had my face smashed in and lower self esteem to boot.

traz 03-28-2007 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am all for taddling in the school. Fist fighting is fine if the kid is your size, but when your a small guy and there are angry fat kids who have self esteem issues fighting back isn't an option. If I tried that i would have had my face smashed in and lower self esteem to boot.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol