Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Very important question!!! Had $1800 worth of fraud!!! Help! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364495)

johnnyrocket 04-03-2007 10:41 AM

Re: Very important question!!! Had $1800 worth of fraud!!! Help!

why wait til now to post if it happened in december?

nawhead 04-03-2007 12:56 PM

You should have posted this in the Internet forum.

plasphemy 04-03-2007 02:51 PM

First off... know your rights.

Do a google search on "Fair Debt Collections Act." You can very easily get rid of that third party collector.

Then you need to get a copy of your credit bureau from Equifax. If this $2600 shows on your credit report as a negative, you can dispute it through Equifax. If noone can produce something with your signature on it, then Equifax will remove it from your credit bureau.

This is a hassle... but nothing that should hurt you if you educate yourself.

Skallagrim 04-03-2007 03:23 PM

This dont make sense to me ... who is trying to collect the money (hired the collection agency)? Seems the only ones out money are Pokerstars, and then only if they actually refunded the money to the bank ... the bank wouldnt sue its customer after giving a refund ...

Maybe the guy deposited the money, got his bank to get it back from Pokerstars, then Pokerstars says, wait a minute, it was this guy after all and demands the money back then sends it too collection ... then the guy says, hmm I need a new reason not to pay pokerstars/collection agency - I know, gambling is illegal.

Not saying this for certain - just that it makes more sense then what was described....

The bottom line is that you are not responsible for what people do with money they have stolen from you - no one should even be trying to get this money from you unless they can PROVE that the money was not stolen from you and that you therefore got a fraudulent refund.

ALLEN BOND 04-03-2007 04:14 PM

This sounds like a typical charge back. Guy is obviously trying to find a reason to keep the money and do not pay collections.

This is BEYOND obvious in a gambling world.

1. Guy deposits 1800 to the site.
2. Loses it.
3. Bank returns due to "fraud".
4. eChecks puts him on collection.
5. Comes here.

I would not help him.

cardman 04-03-2007 04:39 PM

This is off-topic but an interesting story. I once saw a consumer tv show where this woman allowed a fitness club to take money (EFT) from her bank account each month (she didn't use credit card). Anyways, she quit the fitness club after 2 months. They didn't bill her anymore for a few months. Then suddenly she noticed the fitness club start taking money from her bank account again.

She called them. They said they would stop. They did for a while. Then they tried it again months later, taking money from her account. This pattern went on for like 4 times, then... I switched the channels. I regret that now, because I would have like to see the ending to that news story. She should have used a credit card and charged those MFs back.

jrp_909 04-03-2007 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is off-topic but an interesting story. I once saw a consumer tv show where this woman allowed a fitness club to take money (EFT) from her bank account each month (she didn't use credit card). Anyways, she quit the fitness club after 2 months. They didn't bill her anymore for a few months. Then suddenly she noticed the fitness club start taking money from her bank account again.

She called them. They said they would stop. They did for a while. Then they tried it again months later, taking money from her account. This pattern went on for like 4 times, then... I switched the channels. I regret that now, because I would have like to see the ending to that news story. She should have used a credit card and charged those MFs back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great story.....?

oober 04-03-2007 04:50 PM

It would be very hard for someone to access that info to deposit, but anyways.

Yrs ago when I started playing I opened a 3rd Checking acct just for cash handling. I keep only a few dollars in there. This just adds another obstacle to the real money. I would reccommend this to all.

cardman 04-03-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be very hard for someone to access that info to deposit, but anyways.

Yrs ago when I started playing I opened a 3rd Checking acct just for cash handling. I keep only a few dollars in there. This just adds another obstacle to the real money. I would reccommend this to all.

[/ QUOTE ]

She used monthly direct debit from her account.

KurtSF 04-03-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

24 Hour Fitness is well known for this type of behavior. They'll yes you to death about canceling your membership, and just keep charging you until you die. I know several folks who have been caught in this trap.