Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   WTH Update (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=363819)

deacsoft 03-26-2007 11:57 AM

Re: WTH Update

[ QUOTE ]

I think you misunderstood 1p0kerboy's question.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I suck. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mano 03-26-2007 05:03 PM

Any update on the progress of Zee's new book? Thanks.

1p0kerboy 03-26-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mason shouldn't disclose what the book is about until he decides if 2+2 wants to publish the book

[/ QUOTE ]

On second thought, I don't think it would be all that bizarre for Mason to say "We have been submitted a book on poker tournaments and we are considering it for publication". This doesn't give away any information about the author or the book's specific content.

TT, do you feel it is wrong that Mason even mentioned that they are considering another book for publication? Perhaps he shouldn't even do this until a deal is struck?

I think that as long as specific information isn't given out then he should be able to say what he wants. And I hardly think that telling the readers what game the book is about is specific.

scorer 03-26-2007 06:36 PM

dave fromm and ray zee book is scheduled for a june release...

Mason Malmuth 03-26-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dave fromm and ray zee book is scheduled for a june release...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi scorer:

I hope that's the case, but we don't have an accepted manuscript yet since work is still being done. After the manuscript is approved, there's still a lot of work that has to be completed before we have books in hand. So while at this point in time June is still possible, it could easily be later than that.

Best wishes,
Mason

agoldenbear 03-27-2007 05:38 PM

so when can we expect Barnes and Noble and Borders to have WTH in their stores?

mucked4u 03-28-2007 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

As for the Flynn, Mehta, Miller book, the original manuscript needs more work and it has been sent back to the authors for that purpose. However, I have emphasized that quality is more important than speed

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the book I am waiting for outside of perhaps Bob Ciaffones book when he ever gets it completed.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

scorer 03-28-2007 11:04 AM

i emailed ciaffone..just as many others have said its delayed and god knows when it will be out. He says he's busy with other projects and had a hard drive go on him and he lost alot of book info.

fnord_too 03-28-2007 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i emailed ciaffone..just as many others have said its delayed and god knows when it will be out. He says he's busy with other projects and had a hard drive go on him and he lost alot of book info.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf is it with people not backing stuff up.

mucked4u 03-28-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy has such agreat knack for writing his thoughts clearly and his skill level is nothing short of world class.
Mason thinks quite highly of his writng and absolutely rightly so.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]