Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Little things that annoy you in sports (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360869)

grando 03-21-2007 08:06 PM

Re: Little things that annoy you in sports

in hockey how, if the puck hits you on its way into the net, you get credited with a goal - even though if you intentionally hit it with part of your body it doesn't count

JordanIB 03-21-2007 08:13 PM

Marcus Giles.

Tiburon 03-21-2007 08:16 PM

Bill Walton.

MicroBob 03-21-2007 08:29 PM

1. Billy Packer

2. Playing music over the speakers DURING NBA games

3. Similar to Homer's is the high and low-fiving that is constant in volleyball (thinking 'team' volleyball like college, not 2v2 beach-volleyball). Like most of you, I don't watch volleyball very much nor do I care. But if I happen to see 30 seconds of a match it's a giant celebration and squeal-fest after every point and it's a huge turn-off.
This is way worse than the half-hearted free-throw low-five stuff they do in hoops.

4. ESPN and Sportscenter's super-expanded NASCAR coverage.

5. Most of the extraneous stuff on SportsCenter when I just want to see scores and highlights (Budweiser Hot-Seat, Fact or Fiction, etc)

6. Inconsistent MLB strike-zones.

7. Ridiculous salaries for below-average MLB players.

MoreWineII 03-21-2007 08:36 PM

The one that's really getting to me lately is the CONSTANT BITCHING by stars in the NBA when they don't get a call. I thought the 'new rules' were supposed to crack down on that [censored]?

PokerFink 03-21-2007 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the foul fest at the end of basketball games. If a team can benefit by fouling, then there is a problem. This could easily be fixed (delayed whistle hockey style, give the fouled team the option of inbounding, exponentially increasing numbers of free throws, etc.) but no one seems to want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I don't watch much basketball, and the end of the NCAA games reminded me why.

If a player is fouled, the team should just keep the ball. If the shot goes in, it counts and they still keep the ball. No foul shots. Basketball would be 10x better.

PokerFink 03-21-2007 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Angus, setting up the chains is kind of a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how far off we are from an all-electronic system. That yellow line you see on TV wasn't terribly accurate at first, but now comes incredibly close. Considering the system they are now using for challenges in tennis, it seems the technology is not too far off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Put a chip in the football and ditch the chains. Let the refs spot the football and then the chip relays the ball's location to the electronic "chains" on the sideline. Easy.

Edit: "ZOMG what if the chip gets knocked loose?" Um... put three chips in the football. If one gets screwed up, we'll know.

grando 03-21-2007 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Similar to Homer's is the high and low-fiving that is constant in volleyball (thinking 'team' volleyball like college, not 2v2 beach-volleyball). Like most of you, I don't watch volleyball very much nor do I care. But if I happen to see 30 seconds of a match it's a giant celebration and squeal-fest after every point and it's a huge turn-off.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the awesome part of volleyball!

PokerFink 03-21-2007 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is the awesome part of volleyball!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this is the awesome part of volleyball:

http://usesoap.com/images/olympics/b...vollyball2.jpg

Green Kool Aid 03-21-2007 09:04 PM

Sebastian Telfair.