Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   stealing against people who never fold (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358708)

Sherman 03-19-2007 01:57 PM

Re: stealing against people who never fold

[ QUOTE ]
Raise less preflop, 2.5 or a min raise. There is a big point in the NL Theory and practice book about raising smaller preflop against calling stations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...unless you have a big hand. There is a whole section in the NL Theory and Practice book on Big Pots being for Big Hands.

pacecar86 03-19-2007 02:04 PM

similar situation, sorta-kinda this weekend in a live MTT mega-sat ...two players to my left were calling raises with any A/K/Q and worse. I started open limping, limp/calling with a wider range, catching some weak 2 pairs and trapping when they raised with their typical paired/weak kickers, but, if u are cold decked, not much u can do since they will call u down with any draw any pair or any over. One of these boys when in the blinds called a pot sized turn bet from a guy on his right against a K 2 T Q 7 board, this, after decent pre-flop/post flop action, he pushed on the river and showed down 2 3o for the win!

DeuceSeven 03-19-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you limp more and keep hoping for a flop, u can cut back on ur preflop raises some to stop donating

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this a lot when I play $5.50 sngs and I raise to 2.5x. You can also try restealing if your steals aren't working unless they call your resteal with trash.

lanerunner 03-19-2007 05:19 PM

If they call anything and you aren't getting the hands, then don't pf raise. Limp if possible and see as many cheap flops as possible, you know they'll pay you off if you hit. Save your chips....

sledghammer 03-19-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise less preflop, 2.5 or a min raise. There is a big point in the NL Theory and practice book about raising smaller preflop against calling stations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...unless you have a big hand. There is a whole section in the NL Theory and Practice book on Big Pots being for Big Hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. This is obviously an iportant caveat. I would only consider big pairs big hands though, so most of your raises should be smaller against cmalling stations.

gholizad 03-19-2007 06:24 PM

c-bets are only profitable if you get them to fold at least 1 in every 3 times. When this condition does not hold, it is pure spewing.

jonnyd 03-20-2007 12:01 AM

i would limp a lot more and cbet a lot less.

rafiki 03-20-2007 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would limp a lot more and cbet a lot less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya that's certainly the line I'm taking next time. I think if I eliminated all my late raising, I would have been able to get them easily eventually. Just didn't have enough time to figure out the strategy.