Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Third continuance in NETeller case granted (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356639)

nineinchal 03-16-2007 12:36 PM

DUDE, I GOT ONLY $490 BUCKS TIED UP HERE!

I am not going to let any attorney get any part of that. It's just not worth it. I would rather wait it out.

JRussell 03-16-2007 12:41 PM

Re: Third continuance in NETeller case granted

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
iGaming Business reports

It takes about 90 seconds to join the NETeller Customer Coalition

[/ QUOTE ]

So when's the hearing scheduled for now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Skallagrim 03-16-2007 12:56 PM

The timing of filing formal charges (which is technically what we are waiting for) is solely within the discretion of the US attorney involved UNLESS neteller complains about the delay, or the judge wants to clear his docket by enforcing scheduling deadlines. In the latter case the USA could drop the charges and then refile them later, so judges almost never do this.

Seems like some serious negotiating is occurring. Either that or the lawyers are on vacation.

Skallagrim

JPFisher55 03-16-2007 01:11 PM

So we can infer that the defendants are not complaining about 3 continuances even though they have posted substantial bonds and have their travel restricted.
Most attorneys vacation in the summer. August is most popular in Missouri. Must be negotiations. Also, I don't think that Neteller minds any delay in having to account for the funds not yet paid to US customers.

LinusKS 03-16-2007 01:33 PM

Well... if the defendants are not in jail, any delay is probably good for them. I think y'all are making a mistake if you think the evidence isn't there, or that they can win this at trial.

What I don't understand is the connection between what's going on with the criminal case in the US, and our monies locked up by Neteller.

Why do y'all think the two are connected?

spino1i 03-16-2007 01:50 PM

how many times can they keep delaying it before they have to go forward? as many times as they want? or is there some limit?

cardcounter0 03-16-2007 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how many times can they keep delaying it before they have to go forward? as many times as they want? or is there some limit?

[/ QUOTE ]
what part did you not understand?
[ QUOTE ]
The timing of filing formal charges (which is technically what we are waiting for) is solely within the discretion of the US attorney involved UNLESS neteller complains about the delay, or the judge wants to clear his docket by enforcing scheduling deadlines.

[/ QUOTE ]

spino1i 03-16-2007 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The timing of filing formal charges (which is technically what we are waiting for) is solely within the discretion of the US attorney involved UNLESS neteller complains about the delay, or the judge wants to clear his docket by enforcing scheduling deadlines.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sick.. so this could effectively go on for eternity then?

Quanah Parker 03-16-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sick.. so this could effectively go on for eternity then?

[/ QUOTE ]Do you mean the Neteller case, or the repetition of asking questions that have already been answered?

yahboohoo 03-16-2007 02:19 PM

I think the reporters got the "third continuance" wrong.

Lawrence and Lefebvre were arrested Jan 15.
The US Attorneys Office had 30 days to indict.
They filed for a 30-day continuance on Feb 15 (#1).
I'm assuming they filed for another 30-day continuance today (#2).

I think most continuances are usually in 30-day blocks, too.
So that put's us at April 15th. Tax day... oh, the irony.