Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   HSBC bank says: pokah be illegal (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=353993)

selurah 03-13-2007 11:55 AM

Re: HSBC bank says: pokah be illegal

[ QUOTE ]
wow, retards work at banks, big surprise

[/ QUOTE ]

stigmata 03-13-2007 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What the [censored] does the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Company know about what is legal in the US?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're the world's local bank!

BigF 03-13-2007 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What the [censored] does the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Company know about what is legal in the US? What right do they have saying that if their customer tries to use their card in any manner that they choose the bank will revoke the card?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mom of girl who can't sing on American Idol "Is he (Simon) American? He's not even an American! What does he know about American Idol?!"

xadrez 03-13-2007 01:07 PM

A couple years ago, I tried to deposit using my HSBC debit card not knowing any better, and I got a call from the Security Dept telling me the same exact thing. So, this has always been their stance I guess.

questions 03-13-2007 02:58 PM

I'd respond by closing my account with them - if they had me as a customer. And they don't. And won't. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Paul Levy 03-13-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What the [censored] does the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Company know about what is legal in the US?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what do those honkies know about America.
Maybe if they were the second biggest bank in the world by market cap, incorporated and headquartered in the UK, maybe they would have a clue. But they're not, right?

Annulus 03-13-2007 04:02 PM

i thought UB was slick when it charged credit cards. don't they have fake purchase code to show up to your credit card? so it won't show up as poker. oh well, at least my credit card works.

cdlarmore 03-13-2007 04:47 PM

my bank did the same thing, credit unions, criminey, this is all just a big damn nightmare, cant wait for it to go away.

Siegmund 03-13-2007 05:41 PM

@Annulus: they do - but, the thing is, they try ONCE to deposit directly, and get declined, before they go that route. .. so the bank WILL see ONE transaction attempted from a poker site, and if their security levels are set high enough, once may be enough to get you a phone call.

fluorescenthippo 03-13-2007 10:04 PM

the also wanted proof of residence while ING and Emigrant did not. this is why i dont use them