Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Special Sklansky Forum (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   I Think It Might Be Time To Buy TASR (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=353229)

nineinchal 03-13-2007 09:56 AM

DAVE, WHAT ABOUT ESLT? REMOTE CONTROLLED HUNT AND KILL GIZMO?

Elbit, Inc. (ESLT) an Israeli provider of defense product products rolled out a prototype last week.

This robot has a cannon, a grenade launcher and machine guns. It can climb stairs and be controlled remotely by a an operator using a video camera. The Israelis plan to use it against Hamas and Hezbollah to reduce the hand to hand combat losses.

I figure the US dept of defense will order ten thousand dozen of these babies, not to mention local police departments around the civilized world.

Beermantm 03-13-2007 04:42 PM

Re: DAVE, WHAT ABOUT ESLT? REMOTE CONTROLLED HUNT AND KILL GIZMO?

Isn't there a legislator in Texas trying to make new laws about the ability to carry Taser products? This is going to be a trend across the US I'm sure and a lot of the big city areas already can not use them for concealed carry but only self defense in ones home. This to me says buy a gun and make sure anyone who breaks into your home is shot to death and not tasered so that he becomes agitated. Being on the streets of Chicago these products would be great for business men and women but a large majority of criminals would probably carry them or a Gun if they thought someone would be armed with one. I love the idea of Taser products and wanted one for myself but the things you have to go through to get one you might as well buy a gun. I agree the cops will have them but isn't that a limited market?

I don't know it's an interesting stock and at an affordable price but I would like to see more support for these products instead of all the negative press they get.

Mr. Now 03-13-2007 10:50 PM

Re: I Think It Might Be Time To Buy TASR

It has to bust out over $9

David Sklansky 03-13-2007 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It has to bust out over $9

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish poker was that easy. I'm in the wrong business.

ski 03-14-2007 02:26 AM

Re: DAVE, WHAT ABOUT ESLT? REMOTE CONTROLLED HUNT AND KILL GIZMO?

[ QUOTE ]
Elbit, Inc. (ESLT) an Israeli provider of defense product products rolled out a prototype last week.

This robot has a cannon, a grenade launcher and machine guns. It can climb stairs and be controlled remotely by a an operator using a video camera. The Israelis plan to use it against Hamas and Hezbollah to reduce the hand to hand combat losses.

I figure the US dept of defense will order ten thousand dozen of these babies, not to mention local police departments around the civilized world.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you see local police in the civilized world with granade launchers and machine guns?

ski 03-14-2007 09:38 AM

In for 2000 shares @ $7.90

Traderx 03-14-2007 12:49 PM

Tried to tell you guys this wasn't going anywere soon.

drunkencowboy 03-14-2007 01:08 PM

I think that any cop that wants to use a TASR should have to test it out on himself first.

ahnuld 03-14-2007 01:20 PM

guys, buying shares just based of one tip is really dangerous. If you want to fine, but it should be because of the tip, and then your own research, which indicated the company was undervalued. If you dont do your research its tough to know when to get out and what news will affect the company.

found link to discussion on why doing your own research is important. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=3#Post9523531

drunkencowboy 03-14-2007 03:13 PM

After 9-11 I put all my money into shares of finger nail clippers. This is how I made my 5 mil.