Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   French people tried to kick me out of their club, Paris trip report (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=348280)

nineinchal 03-06-2007 02:23 PM

NAZIS

I vish you vould have von 460,000 euros, all from zee French.

rageotones 03-06-2007 03:02 PM

Re: NAZIS

my shoes had better give bjs for 400 euro

moris 03-06-2007 03:29 PM

Re: NAZIS

Don't do that to your girl again. Poker will always be there.

TripleH68 03-06-2007 03:41 PM

Re: French people tried to kick me out of their club, Paris trip report

Maybe you can make one of these meetings on Thursday.

THURSDAY

Hamar G.A.
6:30 - 8:00 PM
Skapelsgate 2
frivillighetssentralen
Hamar, Norway
Phone: 99 33 35 71

Moss G.A.
6:00 - 7:30 PM
Vaerlegate 34
Moss, Norway
Phone: 94 35 38 92

Oslo G.A.
6:00 - 7:30 PM
Sotamyggen barnehage),
Valerengagata 27
Oslo, Norway
Phone: 95 81 09 34

<font color="blue">frivillighetssentralen? </font>

gilper 03-06-2007 04:22 PM

It's not the best show in Paris but it's usually pretty good, and it's topless.

wtfsvi 03-06-2007 04:29 PM

Re: French people tried to kick me out of their club, Paris trip repor

Nice one. I've never concealed the fact that I have an unhealthy relationship to gambling. I would not want to see Moulin Rouge if the alternative was something else than gambling either, though. And my girlfriend knew she would be bored too. We were going mostly to be able to say that we had been there, and I don't think that is much of a reason.

W/e. I agree that I did not act my best in this situation (like why order tickets for the Moulin Rouge in the first place if I was so opposed to see it), and I'm certainly aware that I have gambling issues, but I'm not really that horrible. I did take her to Paris [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

*TT* 03-06-2007 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did take her to Paris [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you took her to Disneyland. I suggest you take her to Paris when she becomes old enough to appreciate it.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Grasshopp3r 03-06-2007 04:36 PM

Pics of your girlfriend?

Seriously, if the trip was for her, treat her like she should be treated.

MicroBob 03-06-2007 04:40 PM

You probably have no idea if you would be bored or not.
You didn't even see the show.

Good of you to be critical of yourself though.

When she's feeling a bit iffy about the show you can try to be encouraging about it...and also agree, "Well, if it doesn't kick ass we'll leave early."

You could have always gone to hit the poker AFTER you left early, right?

Hey, I did some pretty screwy selfish things in previous relationships too.
You were probably pretty tired too because all that touring around, etc can actually wear you out pretty hard. So if you're a bit grouchy and then feeling some gambling-bug and then you're just all snippity about being in some silly dance thing that you don't want to see then I can see how all this could happen.

But I think the key is trying to learn from the mistakes here.
She ends up being less-than-thrilled afterwards for you talking her out of it or however you want to describe it. And she's left wondering what she missed regarding the show.

And you come off looking like a total gambling-degenerate which probably isn't a good thing either.

Went on the Party-Poker cruise and GF and I went to see one of the shows on the boat with singing and dancing, etc.
And it was freaking AWFUL.
We were both laughing about how bad it was...and to this day I can sing a few words of one of the worst songs they did and make her laugh.

So all that kind of stuff doesn't even have to be about the quality of the show. It's about the spending time with each other I think.
She is REALLY not going to feel comfortable sitting there alone and watching the show. She pretty much needs you there to be with her for something like this. And you should have done it in my opinion.

wtfsvi 03-06-2007 05:17 PM

Thanks Microbob. Good post. I think you are more or less spot on on all accounts. I thought it was a little ridiculous at the time to pay for the tickets and then leave after 15 minutes or w/e, but I'm pretty sure it would be better than the route I took.

TT: I will. I failed to mention it in the OP, but she is not 18 quite yet so our options on what to do are somewhat limited.