Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   3 commerce hands (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=346242)

jlocdog 03-04-2007 12:31 AM

Re: 3 commerce hands

RickOSU,

Not sure if Strassa is contemplating raising in hand 1.

No way does villian have JTc in hand 3. Strasa's bet is for value I am assuming tying to represent a busted draw while getting paid by weaker 6's and A/big here.

restrikt 03-04-2007 12:32 AM

1. Raise a large amount > Fold > Call.
2. Fold.
3. I like.

Lefort 03-04-2007 12:34 AM

I figured #3 is for value slash a bit of a blocker against the Jc.

Jason Strasser (strassa2) 03-04-2007 12:43 AM

can you not say stuff like NO WAY he has JTcc please without anything backing it up. That seems like a ridiculous claim to me.

RiverFenix 03-04-2007 12:54 AM

People really expect to be behind in hand one? Seems like a clear vraise to me, even at fullring. Very odd way to bluff or play a 7.

Jason Strasser (strassa2) 03-04-2007 12:56 AM

if you dont mind me asking, what is he paying off with? He check called flop with Kx?

Jason Strasser (strassa2) 03-04-2007 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Raise a large amount > Fold > Call.
2. Fold.
3. I like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im so fed up with [censored] like this man. How are you going to post Raise a large amount > Fold > Call. and not even explain yourself. FWIW, I would reverse the order there but Im not sure -- hence the post.

lapoker17 03-04-2007 01:01 AM

what were the bet sizes relative to pot in first hand dude's helpless bluffs?

in 2 - who knows - like, if he's any good he shouldn't have biggish clubs there ever after limping behind a co open limp. he almost shouldn't have clubs at all as any 2 suited that are worth playing there should be raising pre, but eh, it's a tough spot. not a no brainer fold to me though.

i like 3 - not many live guys do much 2 way stuff, so if nothing else it's confusing.

KRANTZ 03-04-2007 01:05 AM

1- just fold. people don't fold flushes, especially not live, obviously. and he most definitely has a flush, no?

2-call, pot club rivers, c/r boat rivers, probably c/f blank rivers.

3-thin, obviously. i think it's good though. the more maniacal your image is the more it drifts from thin to totally fab

jlocdog 03-04-2007 01:06 AM

Sorry. I agree those words are to finite and/or carry negative conotation to them.

I guess what i was trying to say i that JTc would have been heard from by now. TP/FD seems like a great semibluff spot on this turn. It has plenty of value as is and it has outs to improve incase it is infact trailing.

Also, since I believe you are making this river bet for value (or let us say value>bluff) I can't imagine you thinking you are up against a hand that strong. You can't believe you are betting him off that hand right there to often. Maybe, but I have to figure if he is calling the turn (instead of raising) then he is doing his part in keeping the pot small resigning to call any reasonable bet. Getting 2.x-1 here I think he calls more often then not with this type hand.