Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Live 2-5 NL - AA Monster (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341730)

jlocdog 02-27-2007 12:47 PM

Re: Live 2-5 NL - AA Monster

Advice in this thread is awful.

Mez,

it is very important for you to be seen betting your monsters strong here. He is most likely not going anywhere with a 7 and you are most likely not getting much more outta him with less. So bet like a man on the turn, not a litle girl. Others will pick up on the fact that you are trying to milk a cow here and not give your strong bets (when you have a good but not monster hand or your bluffs) as much respect. That is bad.

thedustbustr 02-27-2007 01:14 PM

flop i think an aggro player is planning on floating anything he calls so i like turn check

he bets 60 lol, dude, raise, get some money in the dam pot. 7 doesnt fold, oesd doesn't fold

Mez 02-27-2007 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Advice in this thread is awful.

Mez,

it is very important for you to be seen betting your monsters strong here. He is most likely not going anywhere with a 7 and you are most likely not getting much more outta him with less. So bet like a man on the turn, not a litle girl. Others will pick up on the fact that you are trying to milk a cow here and not give your strong bets (when you have a good but not monster hand or your bluffs) as much respect. That is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for the record, I checked the turn like a little girl. Seat 9 little girly bet $60.

I agree that his bet was weak. I was hoping he'd at least 1/2 pot it.

jlocdog - I agree with the rest of the post, but I'm pretty sure you're assuming that I lead the turn. If I hadn't had such a tight image, I think I would have lead the turn for ~$150 or pushed.

wdead 02-27-2007 04:22 PM

no lead turn for like 90 so u can shove river for like half pot

Mez 02-27-2007 05:39 PM

I actually thought he was fairly weak (99-TT, maybe JJ or 88, maybe a mediocre ace like AT) after his small bet on the turn. I lead $100 into the river. He tanked for a minute or two before calling with AQ.

jlocdog, wdead - I see your points about betting stronger on turn. At the time, I had so card dead and tight that I really thought he would fold anything less than a 7.

jordiepop 02-27-2007 05:44 PM

whenever i flop a set the turn always puts three to a str8 AND flush on the board.

Hindsight2020 02-27-2007 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He tanked for a minute or two before calling with AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
not stacking him here is criminal

if you had just made a decent sized flop bet, it would have been impossible for him not to get his stack in here

jlocdog 02-27-2007 09:24 PM

mez,

What Hindsight said is what I was trying to say in my post. 'Not stacking him here is criminal'

As for my misread, yes I thought you bet $60. The fact that he led for $60 should allow you to raise very comfortably knowing that you are enroute to getting his chips. And not to sound too results oriented (which it will probably look like) but I did mean to add that AQ/AK probably can be thrown into the 'I have a 7 and am noyt going anywhere' category.

This hand is a perfect example of what not building yourself a pot can do to your EV.