Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   ($27) JJ gets in a weird spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=337805)

Fammy 02-22-2007 02:36 AM

Re: ($27) JJ gets in a weird spot

I like preflop push...

Having said that, while I see the logic of pushing over the top, it concerns me that we are facing 2 opponents. As said above, I believe that one of them has a Q...read dependant as to ability to fold TP is important for this decision. Also, unless the BB is a donk, realize that he has called off ~ 1/5 his remaining chips...that has a weird ring to it if the guy knows anything about the game. Is he sitting on a very strong hand and trying to get all of your chips and the SB's chips in the center? Is he bad enough to call on a draw (unless he has the str8 / flush draw...and even then I might be pushing here) knowing that even though the pot odds are correct, if he loses he will be cripled?

All in all, I might actually let this one go and move to push bot mode with ~10 BB.

Fammy

The Venetian 02-22-2007 02:52 AM

You're probably not ahead and you don't have any draws. Fold or "call and see" is fine.

Shove is silly, at any point. Heaven forbid you have to make decisions.

fluorescenthippo 02-22-2007 03:00 AM

i would push. i believe this is fairly straightforward considering its 8 handed. if this was 5-6 handed it would be more difficult. folding is really bad for those who say that.

MrTynKyn 02-22-2007 03:06 AM

I will take the easy way . I push PF.
Post flop I think there is too many hands will call me ( draws and Qs ). Maybe is wrong but Im done with a Q on the flop

The Venetian 02-22-2007 03:12 AM

You guys are clearly right. You showed aggression preflop, got called in two places, were bet into and called (albeit weak) before you act, have no draw if you're wrong, and are perfectly OK stack-wise if you fold.

Sounds like a standard push to me.

nawhead 02-22-2007 11:38 AM

This is a wierd spot. I don't like a preflop shove here with 12 BB. But then raising and getting called and seeing that flop plus the gay donk bet is kind of sick too. Newbies like to flop minbet top pair (probably bad kicker, but they can't fold to a raise either since they have top pair, dude!) and tricksters emulate this behavior as well because aggressive players behind them will frequently raise over the top with their beat pocket pair or overcards thinking it's a lame semibluff.

So with that said, as played, I fold to the minbet on the flop and watch the two players gay bet each other to showdown with QJ and K8 of clubs.

fluorescenthippo 02-22-2007 08:52 PM

bump.

i still think i like a shove

Eagles 02-22-2007 09:03 PM

Push pf=+ev
Raise t250-300= more +ev
As played the flop is a super easy shove.

BriPlay 02-22-2007 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are clearly right. You showed aggression preflop, got called in two places, were bet into and called (albeit weak) before you act, have no draw if you're wrong, and are perfectly OK stack-wise if you fold.

Sounds like a standard push to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Dr_Jeckyl_00 02-23-2007 12:27 AM

Meh, they always seem to hit... the caller is probably chasing a draw, the min raiser prolly has a pair of queens... I would probably call... see what happens on turn