Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   New Deposit Option on Pokerstars (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=336945)

KurtSF 02-20-2007 07:26 PM

Re: New Deposit Option on Pokerstars

For the record I was kidding above, expecting 100 responses in the next 15 minutes.

JoseGonzlez 02-20-2007 07:27 PM

how long does it take to get a card?

do they offer rush deliver?

TheMetetron 02-20-2007 07:28 PM

Good job Stars.

They should have had this available even when Neteller was up and running. I'm just cautiously optimistic because I get the feeling the fees are going to be bad.

Nate tha\\\' Great 02-20-2007 07:29 PM

This almost seems to fall into the "too good to be true" category.

lwlee 02-20-2007 07:30 PM

I just signed up. Fees suck.

$2.95 monthly fee.
4% + .50 to load from a credit card.
$2.50 to withdraw.

Terms

MicroBob 02-20-2007 07:35 PM

I agree Nate.

Isn't this pretty much what the government is trying to crack-down on in the first place?

Wouldn't they just go to Visa and say, "Stop accepting money-transactions that involve poker sites"??

I guess I'll be trying it in the near future as others share their positive experiences.
But I sure won't be leaving much in my Visa-debit account due to the possibility that the funds would somehow get frozen due to my evil pokering.

Seems like receiving a check in the mail might be less risky.

I just don't understand how this will be a permanent solution since the UIGA is pretty much the government telling Mastercard, Visa and banks, "Don't do this."

Hsunami 02-20-2007 07:40 PM

This offers a fast way to withdraw funds. $4 ATM fee is better than $25 Fedex fee. It still charges way too much for deposits though.

TheMetetron 02-20-2007 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just signed up. Fees suck.

$2.95 monthly fee.
4% + .50 to load from a credit card.
$2.50 to withdraw.

Terms

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the monthly fee only charged if you carry a balance from month-to-month? Stars seemed to imply there were only transaction fees.

If you are charged a fee regardless, this sucks. If not, it's not a bad option for some and depending on the max withdrawal may even prove useful. I'm most concerned with the ease of funding for fish, though.

ajmargarine 02-20-2007 07:41 PM

Just signed up. Fees suck hard. Above me is the particulars fees they hit you with.

It's thru Paytrucard.com

I talked on the phone with a rep. They consider Pokerstars withdrawal a load, so you'll get hit with 4% + $0.50. And then hit you with $4 at the ATM too. Monthly fee $3 too, woohoo.

When signing up thru the pokerstars cashier, make sure your middle initial is in there, as paytru seemed to assign me a random one. They also added to my address an "apt 101" which I was able to edit in the paytru window.

I signed up. 10-14 business days to get a card in the mail. I imagine things are going to be nutty this year with withdrawals, so I want as many options as I can have. (still in the middle of things with epassporte)

But, I don't see this as a long term solution unless Stars picks up that withdrawal fee of 4%.

jaminbird 02-20-2007 07:44 PM

I will probably stick to paper checks, but this seems like it will be good for the fish.