Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AKs, 200bbs, 4bet pot vs a regular (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=334246)

J. Stew 02-17-2007 03:50 AM

Re: AKs, 200bbs, 4bet pot vs a regular

you're getting ~2:1 as a 40:60 dog against a QQ+ AKs, AKo. if he's willing to 4-bet lighter it's closer but you're still dumping the flop when you miss given your read so calling sux since you won't get to see five cards everytime.

call flop, what else?

Marwan 02-17-2007 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I did call, turn is a T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and he pushed, $205 to me in a $323 pot. What do you all think. I'll hear thoughts on all streets of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would fold the turn.. seems like AA/JJ

Rotterdaum 02-17-2007 03:52 AM

Ok, let's settle on PF? Who folds this? You only know that he's 20/15 over 100 hands and you've been 3 betting a fairly wide range but not been 4 bet much or at all in the session

steel108 02-17-2007 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you're getting ~2:1 as a 40:60 dog against a QQ+ AKs, AKo. if he's willing to 4-bet lighter it's closer but you're still dumping the flop when you miss given your read so calling sux since you won't get to see five cards everytime.

call flop, what else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with PF, I would much rather push than call a 4 bet.

Green Kool Aid 02-17-2007 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well I did call, turn is a T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and he pushed, $205 to me in a $323 pot. What do you all think. I'll hear thoughts on all streets of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

steel108 02-17-2007 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, let's settle on PF? Who folds this? You only know that he's 20/15 over 100 hands and you've been 3 betting a fairly wide range but not been 4 bet much or at all in the session

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't like calling bc your not making money most times if you hit. I prefer pushing to calling pf to see all 5 cards, especially when it's suited. Granted, pushes will usually be called by hands that dominate us, but with games so aggressive these days, I see J-J, 10-10, A-Q calling.

Rotterdaum 02-17-2007 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What % of his range would you say is some dicking around hand?

Kermit 02-17-2007 03:56 AM

Rotterdaum,

Once i flop TPTK w/ AK in a four bet flop, I am not looking to fold. Especially on this board--it could get much worse for AKs.

I am not sure how much it matters what you do. If he has AA/JJ, he is probably going to stack you. If he has AK--chop, chop, chopper style.

If he has QQ/KK/AQ or some suited connector he decided to get fancy with, he is going to be hard pressed to put any more money in the pot.

You could minraise the flop to induce a bluff/represent a silly bluff. I dunno, i don't think there is too much you can do here.

Rotterdaum 02-17-2007 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't like calling bc your not making money most times if you hit. I prefer pushing to calling pf to see all 5 cards, especially when it's suited. Granted, pushes will usually be called by hands that dominate us, but with games so aggressive these days, I see J-J, 10-10, A-Q calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't see anything other than AA,KK, maybe AK calling a push pre ... would it be a goood push given this?

steel108 02-17-2007 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Granted we don't know villan, but does a 20/15 ever 4 bet J-J this deep? Most are calling pf, but he could be a hybrid TAG bred in the jungles of Finland. OP has stated that he hasn't been crazy this session, so I'm assuming villan will not think he is getting out of line.

If it comes A-2-2-3, are you still folding? I'm just trying to