Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Interview... the internal kind (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=333205)

cbloom 02-16-2007 02:21 AM

Re: Interview... the internal kind

FFK, I've been the interviewer in these spots before. The #1 reason why people don't get the spot (in my experience) is they just seem like they don't really want it. The best thing you can do is show enthusiasm and confidence and eagerness to take on whatever new challenges and responsibilities, including the negatives. The interviewer doesn't really want to hear that you're trying to devote more time to your personal life (or whatever) even if that's the truth. It should be pretty obvious what they want to hear.

4_2_it 02-16-2007 09:06 AM

FFK<

Some good stuff here. Just remember that the interviewer will have seen your personnel file and will have talked to your boss and maybe others that work with you.

By-Tor 02-27-2007 09:45 PM

Trip report?

...oh, in related news, I was just given a 48% raise. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Lonhro 02-27-2007 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trip report?

...oh, in related news, I was just given a 48% raise. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinly veiled [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Actually, not thin at all, wd

tuq 02-27-2007 09:51 PM

Bi-Tor,

I spoke to your boss and had that arranged. You're welcome.

Fast Food Knight 02-28-2007 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Trip report?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the job! And what's even better, there is a company policy that if the salary ranges for your current job and your new job overlap, the biggest raise you can get is 7%. So of course they make all the ranges really broad for maximum overlapping... BUT I am such a good little negotiator that I got a 13.5% raise instead. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm very happy... and thanks for asking (even if it was a brag opportunity)! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

beenben 02-28-2007 08:30 AM

I'm starting a new job at the same co after some internal interviews. I would say they were more informal than external. there was a notable absence of standard interview questions -- e.g. where will you be in five years? what are your strengths.? It was more about me finding out about the job and them making sure I wanted to do the job.

Fast Food Knight 02-28-2007 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm starting a new job at the same co after some internal interviews. I would say they were more informal than external. there was a notable absence of standard interview questions -- e.g. where will you be in five years? what are your strengths.? It was more about me finding out about the job and them making sure I wanted to do the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really interesting because mine was DEFINITELY very structed. The interviewers used a specific set of behavioral questions that they did not deviate from. Also a member from HR has to be present at all times. I guess it goes to show you that it's hard to know what to expect.

4_2_it 02-28-2007 09:47 AM

Congrats and good luck.

By-Tor 02-28-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Trip report?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the job! And what's even better, there is a company policy that if the salary ranges for your current job and your new job overlap, the biggest raise you can get is 7%. So of course they make all the ranges really broad for maximum overlapping... BUT I am such a good little negotiator that I got a 13.5% raise instead. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm very happy... and thanks for asking (even if it was a brag opportunity)! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very cool, congrats!!