Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Play a Hand With the Masters #1 Pre-Flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=331)

Clayton 09-19-2005 12:42 AM

Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #1

whooooops. sry im tired.

raise to like 550ish.

NoahSD 09-19-2005 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Your dismissing all pairs under KK?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exitonly 09-19-2005 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise to 450.. CO could be trrapping, but i think most likely hero is ahead here... i put CO's range at [KK+,AKs,QJs,QJo,JTs,JTo,KJs,KJo,89s,9Ts, J9s, T8s, 57s, 56s, A5-A9o, A2-A9s]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought the other pairs wouldn't make as much sense... he'd probably raise with the other ones.

But yea i guess he very well could have lower pairs...but what i said i think affects the likelyhood of which hands he woudl have.

Iconoclastic 09-19-2005 12:46 AM

I would put it at [JJ-22,A2s+,K9s+,QTs+,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,65s,AQo-A3o,KTo+,QJo,JTo]

Without a read it's very unlikely someone would limp AA-QQ from a late position; early position maybe.

A standard raise will probably be the consensus at this point. A good chance CO will fold.

I don't know MJ's game at all so I'll just assume they're thinking solid players.

NoahSD 09-19-2005 12:51 AM

For those of you saying raise, what's so bad about taking a flop with stacks so deep? We've got 77BB and CO covers.

I think CO's most likely holding is a PP or suited connectors. With stacks this deep, we don't want to take the lead against these hands as this will make flop play very difficult--obviously, CO could set on basically any flop, and most flops contain a draw or two.

Factor in the fact that CO's read is tight (of course, I'd prefer a more specific read about CO's limping vs. raising habits) and could be trapping, and I think this is an easy call.

Lloyd 09-19-2005 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know MJ's game at all so I'll just assume they're thinking solid players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very good player. Well respected. If you google him you can see his history.

NoahSD 09-19-2005 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise to 450.. CO could be trrapping, but i think most likely hero is ahead here... i put CO's range at [KK+,AKs,QJs,QJo,JTs,JTo,KJs,KJo,89s,9Ts, J9s, T8s, 57s, 56s, A5-A9o, A2-A9s]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought the other pairs wouldn't make as much sense... he'd probably raise with the other ones.

But yea i guess he very well could have lower pairs...but what i said i think affects the likelyhood of which hands he woudl have.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, I think his least likely holdings (other than the really obvious garbage) are TT-QQ. Agreed? I think his most likely holdings are 22-99 or so, but I can understand why people would disagree with this.

Lloyd 09-19-2005 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd prefer a more specific read about CO's limping vs. raising habits) and could be trapping, and I think this is an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]
You've got all the info the submitter (Sossman) had at the time. So no real strong read other than what has been presented.

NoahSD 09-19-2005 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd prefer a more specific read about CO's limping vs. raising habits) and could be trapping, and I think this is an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]
You've got all the info the submitter (Sossman) had at the time. So no real strong read other than what has been presented.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. Thanks, LLoyd, btw. Great idea.

Hotrod0823 09-19-2005 01:03 AM

I'd raise to 550. Just a touch more than a standard 450 reaise because of the limper.

The real question I guess I have is the reason why the SB's identity is important. Is he aggressive? Loose PF, tricky, tough, etc.

That may way on my decision more I think.

If MJ is capable of making a play do I want to be stuck in the middle of a squeeze between the tight CO and the trick SB.

Ok now I've done it. I've typed/talked my self into limping along just to see what MJ does.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh yeah and I think I remember this hand. It was from the WPT stars event??