Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Obama=Poker Player (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=328258)

slickpoppa 02-11-2007 11:39 PM

Re: Obama=Poker Player

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You know that vote wasn't on the internet gambling amendment.

[/ QUOTE ] no i didn't know that. at any rate the point remains despite my ignorance on which vote it was [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

not really, it doesn't. not voting for a port security bill would be political suicide

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Nobody but an ultra-liberal is going to vote for Obama anyway once they see what he really believes, so why not try to attract some libertarian votes by standing on a principle; e.g. "I can not & will not support Sen. Frist's disgraceful pandering to religious extremists with his cynical inclusion of secret, last minute amendments of unrelated, unimportant social legislation to a critical national security bill for selfish political reasons."

Note that adding the gambling amendment did precisely zero for Frist's POTUS ambitions. Conservatives were sick of him for his overall poor leadership, esp. on judges.

FTR, I hate just about everything Bush has done, except for Roberts, Alito, JRB, Pryor, and a couple of other judges. Obama says in his book that he supports filibusters on judges and super-majorities for confirmation, as well as legislating from the bench, so he's dead to me politically.

As a bit of a hijack, on abortion specifically, back in November the S.D. voters overturned the no rape or incest exceptions law, and Cali voters overturned a mild parental notification law, so I don't see what all the cryin' about Roe is (which is what all the cryin' over judges is about).

Obama seems like an aight guy personally, and I like that he used to smoke dope, snort blow, and play cards, and still sneaks cigs behind his wife's back after telling her he quit, but no way I want him for POTUS.

But at least he was against the Iraq war before he was against it. However, he wants to vote to complain about having to vote for continuing to fund it, rather than vote directly against continuing to fund it, although he's hardly alone in this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just admit it. You don't like him cause he's black

ShakeZula06 02-12-2007 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
SPOTD award
(stupidest post of the day)

slickpoppa 02-12-2007 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
SPOTD award

[/ QUOTE ]

Racist

pvn 02-12-2007 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
SPOTD award

[/ QUOTE ]

Racist

[/ QUOTE ]

ESPOTD. Plonk!

ShakeZula06 02-12-2007 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
SPOTD award

[/ QUOTE ]

Racist

[/ QUOTE ]
heh, if your post was a joke then it's proof I got to stop posting when I have migrane.

sirio11 02-12-2007 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why? Nobody but an ultra-liberal is going to vote for Obama anyway once they see what he really believes,

[/ QUOTE ]

Want to bet on that? I even lay you good odds. Find the % of ultra liberal voters, and I can assure you Obama will easily surpases that total. I'm serious and ready to make a hefty bet.

Andruin 02-12-2007 03:01 AM

As a German who lived in the States for a couple of years I don't really think that America is ready for a black president yet. He won't simply get a majority.

I think America will vote a woman into office and even this is not absolutely sure.

pokerpunchout 02-12-2007 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why? Nobody but an ultra-liberal is going to vote for Obama anyway once they see what he really believes,

[/ QUOTE ]

Want to bet on that? I even lay you good odds. Find the % of ultra liberal voters, and I can assure you Obama will easily surpases that total. I'm serious and ready to make a hefty bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a moderate independent "middle of the road" type. My views would be considered conservative on some issues and liberal on others, and I am considering voting for him. I would fair to guess that there are many other moderates with the same feelings. I like what I have heard from him so far, with that said he is probably a little "left" of me on a few of his views and issues.

As a registered independent I am able to vote in either the Dem or Rep. primary in Arizona. I am interested in hearing more on his thoughts, issues and plans for America. So far I like either him or McCain.

MoreWineII 02-12-2007 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As a German who lived in the States for a couple of years I don't really think that America is ready for a black president yet. He won't simply get a majority.

I think America will vote a woman into office and even this is not absolutely sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

imo there will be a black president before a woman president. There's a certain portion of the population who could probably stomach voting for a light-skinned black man more than they could a woman. A woman like Hilary or Pelosi doesn't stand a chance.

revots33 02-12-2007 02:10 PM

Saw Obama on 60 Minutes last night and was impressed. He seems smart, reasonable, and refreshingly free of the usual politician bulls**t.

As for him being "too liberal", I think that's only of concern to the media. The average voter doesn't say, "he's too liberal" or "he leans too far right". He votes for the person who he has the best gut feeling about. Not to sound corny but people want to be inspired. Obama seems to inspire a lot of people and I would not count him out against Hillary or anyone else.