Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Heads up stud pointers (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=319861)

dsaxton 02-01-2007 01:55 PM

Re: Heads up stud pointers

The main consideration is the ante structure, as this determines roughly what percentage of your hands should be played. If the ante is high, I almost always raise on 3rd street when I'm not the bring-in, unless my opponent is very loose. If the ante is small, I play a game that somewhat resembles how I play at a full table when I'm not in a steal position. When I do steal, I feel that my raises are more for the purpose of long-term deception rather than immediate profit. When there is a medium-sized ante, I play a style that rests somewhere in between.

lstream 02-01-2007 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stick to simple solid stud. Beats mental every time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I have found my most profitable HU sessions are when I get the edge mentally, and villain lapses into poor aggro play. When this happens, it is like a switch has been turned on and the tone of the game changes dramatically. I think it is very difficult to induce this behaviour with "simple solid stud". Moreover, I think that you are leaving money on the table with this approach.

Poker CPA 02-01-2007 03:14 PM

You are very EZ to play Istream. Simple works for me

MRBAA 02-01-2007 03:34 PM

FREEZEOUT!

lstream 02-01-2007 03:37 PM

OK slugger - I was not trying to get personal here. Also, you need to tell me who you are to take any of this seriously. Do it in a PM if you like. Otherwise this post is just another example of you being a blowhard. Typical - instead of a rational thoughtful response you resort to a personal attack. You pollute every thread you become part of. Toddle off and resume your quest for world poker domination.

If you want to be civil, then I readily admit that there are HU opponents who are better than me and where the thinking in my posts do not apply. If you are one of them, then congratulations.

MRBAA 02-01-2007 04:27 PM

Does this mean no freezeout?

lstream 02-01-2007 04:44 PM

Sounds like we may have had one already and I didn't know it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Poker CPA 02-01-2007 06:29 PM

This is CIVIL. HU is SIMPLE. You play for the big pots, tricky doesn't cut it. Come back to FTP and we will play soon enough. And you got very personal the last time we debated HU about a month ago (12-10-06). Apparently you were looking for help for your HU stud play, just about the time your getting a beating on FTP. You told me never to respond to your posts again, but you can respond anytime. So come back and take another beating. Then you can post again for help. The same advice i gave to the OP I gave you on 12/10. KISS

lstream 02-01-2007 06:59 PM

Poker,

You are so busy insulting everyone, you can't keep them straight. I never told you not to post in my threads. I suspect that you actually know what you are doing at the poker table, but you disguise it with one liners like the one I reacted to in that thread. The thread was not a whine about getting a beating if you go back and take another look. There is one player that smacked me real hard around that time I think. The name started with P. He stopped playing me once I started to turn things around. Nevertheless he damaged the bankroll a fair bit. If that was you, then have a beer on me.

Here is the thread where you seem to think I told you not to post. Keep posting in my threads - it doesn't matter to me. It would be good though if you tried to be more constructive once in while. Also, I have not disappeared from FT - I am there at least a few times a week.

Poker CPA 02-01-2007 07:08 PM

David Sklansky SCSFAP pages 172 and 173

"But if you just keep this one thing in mind and use your judgement, experience and your knowledge of poker concepts, you will be well on your way to playing properly."

"One thing". Sounds simple to me.