Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Stuff to do in Vancouver? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=317050)

Bill Murphy 01-28-2007 08:02 AM

Re: Stuff to do in Vancouver?

Hook up with one of the hot local chicks who's got mad dope?

Paul B. 01-28-2007 08:03 AM

Oh shoot. You just reminded me that I'm gonna need Canadian monies. I was planning to bring some American dollars in my pocket - should I get them converted at a bank when I arrive in Vancouver or beforehand? Also, how hard is it gonna be for me to obtain a form of ID? Not necessarily a DL but if I walk into a DMV and request an ID, would they be able to give me one the same day?

[ QUOTE ]
Tell me what you like to do and what you like to eat and i'll hook you up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like movies, long walks on the beach... just kidding, I don't narrow my interests down to the point where you wouldn't be able to suggest anything. I just want to do stuff that's fun and memorable. Food - whatever the town specialties are.

Bill Murphy 01-28-2007 08:06 AM

Stanely Park or Granville Island, isn't that where they filmed the new Wicker Man? Gotta be one of the most beautiful places on the planet, defo check it out.

Bill Murphy 01-28-2007 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also heard you could get a *real* threesome with a couple hot canadian hookers for $200 canadian, which at the time was about $130. But again I wouldn't have any first hand knowledge or sweet sweet beautiful memories of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trip report, plz.

LuckyLucky 01-28-2007 08:19 AM

Gastown is a pretty good place for general night life and restaurants. What kinda bars/clubs do you like?

Granville street is also not bad.

Robson street has lots of stores but is touristy, if you like that sorta thing go there. Main street has other good stores and is not as touristy. Commercial drive is another good street, with lots of cheap food and some interesting spots to kick it. A little hippyish in places.

This may sound strange, but spend some time around the Downtown eastside if you can handle it. It's one of the craziest places around and it's worth a visit.

If you like to smoke, the amsterdam cafe is a good place to start. PM for more info I guess.

Also, whistler is obv a good place to go if you wanna ski/snowboard/party. It's about a 2-3 hour drive.

bulldog999 01-28-2007 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say Rec Beach but it's winter, so that's out.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's out in the summer too. You ever go to a nude beach? Always people that you don't want to see nude. Ask busguy, he's been there lots and fits the bill.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there over the summer and looking at the near naked people at Kitsilano Beach was infinite times better than looking at the naked people on Rec Beach.

72off 01-28-2007 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...looking at the near naked people at Kitsilano Beach was infinite times better than looking at the naked people on Rec Beach.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Kits Beach is way better than Rec Beach.

Has Stanley Park re-opened yet?

traz 01-28-2007 06:05 PM

stanley park is still closed afaik.

If you're into mountains, you're definitely in the right place.

elus2 01-28-2007 06:13 PM

check out clubzone for club listings if you want to find places to party at night

temperature is hovering around freezing point so walking around all day wouldn't be my number one choice of fun things to do.

whereabouts are you staying? there's tons of things to see or do but it would help to know what you're looking for in the first place

Reject 01-28-2007 06:13 PM

Hookers are legal, so clearly that is #1 and #2 on the list.
Canada Escots nsfw