Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   J9o call down (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=314131)

martybonus 01-25-2007 07:29 AM

Re: J9o call down

heh.

i also say 'yo' with some degree of irony.

actually, i'm from san diego but i've been doing my phd here.

Dam 01-25-2007 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
heh.

i also say 'yo' with some degree of irony.

actually, i'm from san diego but i've been doing my phd here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh well, if your from San Diego, your fully entitled to say 'Word', 'Holla' and 'Yo'. Even an occasional 'Dude'

In fact now I know that, I dont think your using them enough. Get on it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

unterfish 01-25-2007 08:10 PM

*Gruncho*
Fold the flop. If not, fold the turn.
You have jack high.
If you knew that this guy is gonna c/r you on any flop, you're busted. Just fold.
Folding is +EV most of the time, at least it's EV-neutral.

bbbushu 01-25-2007 09:38 PM

folding the turn is awful.

i stand by my response in HU that we should three-bet the flop and see what happens.

i'll agree that raising the river is probably better than calling but folding seems best to me without a better read about how this villain plays the river.

bbbushu

fretelöo 01-25-2007 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the river Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

You think Ax/Kx = 2/9 of his hands? I don't think I'm going to get a worse hand than that to fold...

I don't know if that's my required range or if I should require that Ax/Kx make up 1/9 of his hands instead... Which is the correct approach here?

edit: ninja edited because my question was super-muddled until I did that. The above was my originally intended question.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are talking strategy/concepts here that I don't understand/don't know about. Do you have a few threads/search keys so that I might gain something out of the discu?

milesdyson 01-25-2007 09:44 PM

Pot is 7BB at the time of Hero's river decision. His bluff costs 2BB. He will break even on the play if villain folds a better hand 2 out of (2 + 7) times. That's where the 2/9 came from.

Aaron W. 01-25-2007 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

bbbushu 01-25-2007 10:31 PM

aaronw,

folding the turn is bad. there's 5 bets in the pot when it's our action and we have 4 outs for the win and i think our jacks and nines are also good most of the time (a drawy flop like this opens up villain's check/raising range quite a bit).

i'd be fine giving ourselves close to the full 10 outs here but i'm sure a reduction to 8 or so because of the flush and chance they actually have a T is probably fine. implied odds on the river and a chance they don't fire the third barrel with a missed draw i think justify seeing the river.

i'll admit it's closer than i originally thought, though, after looking at the pot-size (lol, sorry just seemed automatic to me)

bbbushu

unterfish 01-25-2007 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
Why?

Shillx 01-25-2007 10:36 PM

You're going to get mowed down if you fold the turn. Turn the river call into a raise and this hand is perfect imo.