Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Two BB defense hands (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=313160)

Sebastian Knight 01-23-2007 06:37 PM

Re: Two BB defense hands

If he's on a pure steal he's likely to go away. If he's on Ax or Kx he may go away. If he just calls your flop bet, you still have a chance to hit a useful card on the turn. Otherwise, at least you've established you're liable to reraise when he tries to steal from the button.
SK

Gib 01-23-2007 06:40 PM

Hand 1. I play it the same

Hand 2. This isn't a standard c/r for myself unless I think the stealer is a bit of a foldy.

milesdyson 01-23-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2. What % of his reasonably tight steal range do you think folds to a flop c/r?

[/ QUOTE ]
Dunno because he called the flop c/r and turn bet with 44. Really though I thought he would fold underpairs like this or raggy aces and kings.

PokerSparky 01-23-2007 08:31 PM

Hand 1 looks good as long as you can fold to a turn three bet.

Hand 2: I think there is a range of better hands that you can get to fold before the river, so I like it.

Tryptamean 01-23-2007 10:31 PM

Was I your villian in hand 1?

milesdyson 01-24-2007 03:00 AM

Not if your stars name is your 2+2 name.

Kwaz 01-24-2007 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2. What % of his reasonably tight steal range do you think folds to a flop c/r?

[/ QUOTE ]
Dunno because he called the flop c/r and turn bet with 44. Really though I thought he would fold underpairs like this or raggy aces and kings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's totally reasonable to think that he folds underpairs to your action. But I also think that there aren't any raggy kings in a 30% steal range and I'm doubtful about the aces too. I could be wrong there but I steal w/ raggy kings rarely and I'll sometimes chuck my raggy aces depending on the blinds and my AtSB is like 38%.
So I really think you're operating in a small window and making a losing play w/ the c/r.
I'd c/c and expect to improve or get a free card often enough to warrant it.

milesdyson 01-24-2007 12:52 PM

I think 30%ers steal any ace, and "raggy" kings on this board are K9 and KT basically. You're right that he probably doesn't steal with any worse kings.

ILOVEPOKER929 01-24-2007 01:04 PM

Posting blind.

Hand 1: I prefer check/raising the flop against a tag becuz Ax never folds on that board and im not sure how often the tag will fire the turn if you call that flop. I dont like giving the tag a chance to check the turn and showdown cheaply if he has Ax. If you believe the tag will always bet the turn hoping you have two overcards then I think your play is fine.

Hand 2: I would always check/raise that flop against that player.

milesdyson 01-24-2007 01:13 PM

Results

1: TAG calls down c/r with 66. Note this hand is basically ace high on this board. The only question is if he would have bet ace high. Anyway river was a T.
2: As I said before I c/r flop, bet random turn card, checked river, and he checked behind with 44. That was unexpected and good to know.