Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   alleged violation of student conduct code (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=310225)

cking 01-20-2007 03:01 PM

Re: alleged violation of student conduct code

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If this were a criminal case, you would NEVER be convicted on such circumstantial evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, he admitted it.

[/ QUOTE ]

and? obviously you dont know much bout our legal system

Big Folder 01-20-2007 10:28 PM

dude my first violation was playing loud music at 1:30am with 12 people in my dorm(also a violation), having 3 bottles of hard A, about 40 beers and being 18. The next week I was running through the halls with two beers in my hand and two in my pockets. Best part was I forgot to go the meeting with the residential board. Whoops.

My senior year we were trashed streaking through campus, running door to door in the dorms pounding on windows and my buddy broke a baby palm tree in half. Opps.

Trust me bro, what I did is nothing to what others have probably gone through. I had almost no repercussions, so I really doubt throwing a paper airplane is going to amount to anything. Unless you had it laced with anthrax or it was nuclear tipped go to the meeting and just relax.

EDonk 01-20-2007 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If this were a criminal case, you would NEVER be convicted on such circumstantial evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, he admitted it.

[/ QUOTE ]

and? obviously you dont know much bout our legal system

[/ QUOTE ]

Admittedly, I missed this part when I first read through it because it just brought up a ton of bad memories of the pricks working with housing (ironically at South Carolina CKing). Still, if you confess without representation there (and especially before being Mirandized) you would probably still get off. But like everyone else has said, this violation is for like nothing so just go to the meeting and everything will be fine.

Keyser. 01-21-2007 01:03 AM

How is this standard? It's normal to get in trouble for throwing paper airplanes? I guess it might be, still seems kinda silly to me though.

dtan05 01-21-2007 03:26 AM

muir sucks obv.

d0nkaments 01-21-2007 07:16 AM

screw muir its all about ERC

JaBlue 01-21-2007 04:54 PM

guys:

i'm not worried about repercussions. obviously nothing will happen.

And "muir sucks" is just wrong. Obviously best college on campus. Best location, best people.

ERC dude: I haven't met a single person from ERC that I've liked.

Tom Emanski 01-22-2007 12:20 AM

Just be careful you don't get this letter.

Dear Tom Emanski:

On two separate occasions, you have been involved in physical and verbal altercations involving another person when you’ve been drinking: The first occasion, September 23, 2006, during New Student Orientation Weekend. At that time you sustained minor injuries and had to be treated at the Stanford acute care facility. A day or so after that event, the Resident Fellows found you passed out on a couch in the lounge. You were unable to remember what had transpired in these situations because you had been so inebriated. Late on October 8, 2006, you were involved in another altercation in which you’d been drinking. This occurred after I had met with you and had begun the process of taking administrative action that included forbidding you to drink any alcohol for the rest of the academic year. For whatever reason, you were unable to abide by this directive.

At this time, I need to inform you formally that I am revoking your housing privileges effective immediately according to the conditions outlined in the 20006-2007 Stanford Residences Residence Agreement which states the following:

Breach of University residence policies, conduct in violation of the rights of others, or any misrepresentation of facts on your housing application, on this signed Residence Agreement, or during the in-house draw process is grounds for the immediate termination of your occupancy and/or the withdrawal of future University housing privileges and may result in University disciplinary action under Stanford's Fundamental Standard of student conduct.

Misfire 01-24-2007 05:45 AM

I once got in trouble for throwing a paper airplane...

...in 2nd grade.

cbebop007 01-24-2007 05:52 PM

*Most ridiculous item of the day*