Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   JJ facing turn ck-raise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=309642)

LoaferGee 01-19-2007 04:28 AM

Re: JJ facing turn ck-raise

[ QUOTE ]
oops i actually messed up the flop action, but its interesting to hear responses on the hand with a slight variation.

the actual flop action was villain donked, hero raised, villain called then check-raised the turn.

would like to hear peoples thoughts on both ways the hand plays out, particularly if you opt for one choice one way and another another.

Interesting how that bit of difference (really not that small of a difference here) could potentially change the decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well with this action, I like the way you played the hand. You haven't shown nearly as much strength so calling down seems better, IMO.

milesdyson 01-19-2007 12:43 PM

Is easy. This calldown.

danzasmack 01-19-2007 12:45 PM

Cash money call down, nice river.

In the simplest terms, calling down everything will lose you tons of money in this game. This is a spot where I call down and feel fine unless my spidey sense kicks in and I can raise the river or fold the turn.

rigoletto 01-19-2007 02:22 PM

reraise the turn! It cost you the same as calling down, but you make 1 more BB when he is drawing.

nickg1532 01-19-2007 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
reraise the turn! It cost you the same as calling down, but you make 1 more BB when he is drawing.

[/ QUOTE ]

i assume you are folding to a cap?

rigoletto 01-19-2007 02:29 PM

Yes! This move is best when you don't have a draw and can fold to the cap!

jstill 01-19-2007 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is easy. This calldown.

[/ QUOTE ]

does this change for u at all miles if there were 3bets put in on the flop then he check-raises the turn or is it still a super standard calldown.

what if the river 4flushes?

milesdyson 01-19-2007 03:01 PM

"does this change for u at all miles if there were 3bets put in on the flop then he check-raises the turn or is it still a super standard calldown."

That's what happened here right?

If the river is another diamond, that sucks. I would call but it's probably wrong.

jstill 01-19-2007 03:04 PM

actually i messed it up on the flop, i raised his donk and he called. If its a calldown the other way tho its a call down with this action as well.

I pretty much always if i call a turn check-raise on the flush card, call the river if the flush hits as well? not sure what others thought about it though.

Scary_Tiger 01-19-2007 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you played this fine

[/ QUOTE ]