Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   I hope this guy doesn't hurt himself... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=304961)

Supwithbates 01-12-2007 09:44 PM

Re: I hope this guy doesn\'t hurt himself...

[ QUOTE ]
You guys don't understand how to value low stacks if you think I should've played this differently. On turn I have one bet left and literally fear no card, so waiting is obviously best play. donkeys.

[/ QUOTE ]
learn to play poker
nice smoothcall OOP with AA when you're not closing action preflop by the way.

The Mayo 01-12-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys don't understand how to value low stacks if you think I should've played this differently. On turn I have one bet left and literally fear no card, so waiting is obviously best play. donkeys.

[/ QUOTE ]
Beat: OP doesn't know that a flush beats a set.
Brag: I just found out that there's a LegoPoker.com website.
Variance: It's just some loser's blog

iggymcfly 01-13-2007 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
learn to play poker

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this have to do with anything? Like we're afraid that someone might reraise? Uh, we have AA, why do we give a [censored]? I wouldn't smooth-call here all the time, but there's nothing wrong with doing it occasionally to mix up your play.

akishore 01-13-2007 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
learn to play poker

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this have to do with anything? Like we're afraid that someone might reraise? Uh, we have AA, why do we give a [censored]? I wouldn't smooth-call here all the time, but there's nothing wrong with doing it occasionally to mix up your play.

[/ QUOTE ]

iggy, honestly, don't bother responding to strategy here. Half the people that post strategy here have no clue. To them, everything is in absolutes, and they only regurgitate vague mis-applications of poker knowledge they read elsewhere.

fwiw, i agree fully with you and would like to add that it leans even more to a call rather than a reraise given the larger-than-normal 5x open (that kind of hints that button is aggro and/or overplays his hands).

hope you're doing well. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]