Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Foxwoods 20/40 Thin spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=300369)

brettbrettr 01-07-2007 01:39 AM

Re: Foxwoods 20/40 Thin spot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that turn fold is amazingly horrible. if one player turned over TT, and the other turned over JJ, the turn is still a call. WTF?!?!?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

bob i'm facing a call from a preflop caller for 2 bets cold and a preflop raiser calling my turn continuation bet.. and this is bad?

how many of my outs are live after the J pops up?

and say the river comes a Q or an A.. am i good? how many bets am i prepared to pay off if one of them comes?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting 11:1 immediate odds on a gutshot to the nuts, You see this, right?

bakku 01-07-2007 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All that aside, why'd you bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

to be completely honest i thought i was ahead.

2-bet ranges from UTG+1 are huge.. and SB is a weaktight nitty idiot who happened to pull a move probably for the first time in his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
for your sakes i had planned on 3-betting SB if it had gotten to HU.. if you know norman you'd understand why.. he gets slightly out of line in weird spots when there are two solid players in the pot.. trying to prove something probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill King 01-07-2007 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that turn fold is amazingly horrible. if one player turned over TT, and the other turned over JJ, the turn is still a call. WTF?!?!?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

bob i'm facing a call from a preflop caller for 2 bets cold and a preflop raiser calling my turn continuation bet.. and this is bad?

and say the river comes a Q or an A.. am i good? how many bets am i prepared to pay off if one of them comes?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting 11:1 immediate odds on a gutshot to the nuts, You see this, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

assuming my outs are good.. how many JX hands are strong enough to be calling 2 bets cold and raising UTG+1?

Bill King 01-07-2007 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair.

[ QUOTE ]
SB is a weaktight nitty idiot who happened to pull a move probably for the first time in his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you said he gets out of line in multiplayer pots? And you're going to 3 bet him? I don't get it. I guess the 3 bet plan is ok if he's raising for a FSD OOP, which is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, your fold is horrid. And I think the bet is pretty bad too. Go Jets.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is the bet bad?

i think utg+1 is folding a lot of underpairs to my c-bet on the turn.. my image in this game from past history is that i am VERY nitty/solid.

PokerBob 01-07-2007 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

assuming my outs are good.. how many JX hands are strong enough to be calling 2 bets cold and raising UTG+1?

[/ QUOTE ]

a king is good here every single time.

PokerBob 01-07-2007 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair.

[ QUOTE ]
SB is a weaktight nitty idiot who happened to pull a move probably for the first time in his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you said he gets out of line in multiplayer pots? And you're going to 3 bet him? I don't get it. I guess the 3 bet plan is ok if he's raising for a FSD OOP, which is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. i don't like this turn bet at all.

brettbrettr 01-07-2007 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? Is there any scenario in which your king outs are not good? Is there any scenario in which you're not getting enough padding to call and spike a king?

Bill King 01-07-2007 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you think checking and calling is better?

what if its two bets back to me (when i know for SURE utg+1 is gonna try to isolate utg+1 from me)?

brettbrettr 01-07-2007 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you think checking and calling is better?

what if its two bets back to me (when i know for SURE utg+1 is gonna try to isolate utg+1 from me)?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're IN [censored] POSITION. WTF is wrong with you?

brettbrettr 01-07-2007 01:48 AM

Oh, and Go Jets.