Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   NL$400, overpair against balugawhale (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=298205)

BalugaWhale 01-04-2007 01:16 PM

Re: NL$400, overpair against balugawhale

on this flop he is rarely, if ever, c/f air.

If he has a medium strength hand that doesnt want to get it all in, he probably mixes up betting flop and c/c flop. When he checked I felt like 90% sure he was c/c with a hand like JJ or QQ.

True 01-04-2007 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If he has a medium strength hand that doesnt want to get it all in, he probably mixes up betting flop and c/c flop. When he checked I felt like 90% sure he was c/c with a hand like JJ or QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess so

valtaherra 01-04-2007 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you consider that you are 200bb deep and more importantly he knows you are a solid 2p2er in this read?

Good read fwiw

BalugaWhale 01-04-2007 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Did you consider that you are 200bb deep and more importantly he knows you are a solid 2p2er in this read?

[/ QUOTE ]
I felt like, on this board, he would cbet and shut down if called with air. If he has AK and he is called, he still probably has outs on the turn.

I also felt like if he wanted a big pot he would've bet the flop (if he did, he would've probably gotten a big pot)

So, when he checked, I was almost positive it was a c/c and thus checked behind with my 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

AE6 01-04-2007 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I felt like, on this board, he would cbet and shut down if called with air. If he has AK and he is called, he still probably has outs on the turn.

I also felt like if he wanted a big pot he would've bet the flop (if he did, he would've probably gotten a big pot)

So, when he checked, I was almost positive it was a c/c and thus checked behind with my 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
damn fine play

i'm scared of 400NL [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

wtfsvi 01-04-2007 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw

3betting pf and then checking this flop gives away your hand pretty much entirely.

[/ QUOTE ] Not entirely. You must at least think I can have a ten, which must be why you did not fire the river.

emil3000 01-04-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i'm scared of 400NL [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL

emil3000 01-04-2007 03:17 PM

I'd bet the flop, and probably check the turn. If he raises flop then that is just a tough spot, but you probably have to give it to him unless you have interesting history.

BalugaWhale 01-04-2007 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not entirely. You must at least think I can have a ten, which must be why you did not fire the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think you had a T, I just pussied out on the river. I should've pushed, my read was to push, but I played it like a biatch.

you fold to a river push, right?

jamiezig 01-04-2007 03:27 PM

i think the river raise looks stronger than a push. push smells like fd.