Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   A small vent. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=290585)

valenzuela 12-24-2006 03:07 PM

Re: A small vent.

Any answer that isnt " Go to a dermatologist" is retarded.

oddjob 12-24-2006 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you'd be amazed skeety. don't try to put things in perspective for me. it's difficult to converse with people when all they do is stare blankly at your acne. i'm sure you've never had to deal with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

when i was a freshman in high school i got into a car accident that left me with severe scars all over my face. i had over 300 stitches in my face, and had plastic surgery a few times. i had to wear bandages over half of my face and one of my eye for a month. i had no shot at getting laid in high school or earlier part of college. people called me scarface. there was no doubt that people were looking at my scars any time i talked to them.

i didn't cry nearly this much. strange thing was i always had a fairly positive outlook on life when this happend (barring 1 very angry year in high school) it wasn't until the scars faded that i became the depressed pathetic shell of a man i am now.

if you haven't been to a dermatologist and tried everything, then you really have no reason to bitch. if you have, and nothing is working for you, then i feel for you.

try everything... why wouldn't you if it effects you this much.

soko 12-24-2006 03:37 PM

Not to say that you shouldn't get your acne fixed, you should. However, I went through high school with very very very bad acne, my whole face and upper back were completly covered, and to be honest... I didn't even think it was weird or different I only know one kid who picked on me about it but he picked on everybody because he was a jerk, and I still had friends and kissed girls and stuff...

KUJustin 12-24-2006 04:02 PM

Forget the proactive. Go get accutane if it's that big of an issue for you. But also realize that acne is not the problem.

z28dreams 12-24-2006 04:06 PM

For all of those who just said "go to a dermatologist", you should realize that there is no real cure for acne.

Because it's not really dangerous, almost no funding has ever been put into trying to cure it.

Almost nothing works. The only effective drug, accutane, as some have mentioned has some -severe- side effects. In addition, many people still have relapses.

I've been to at least 3 different dermatologists, and 2 flat out refused to prescribe it for me because of this. It even requires monthly blood tests to make sure your liver is functioning properly. Other side effects include hair loss, internal bleeding, and other much more serious problems.

Any comments about cleaning your face, proactiv, etc don't realize that if you have it bad, those things do almost nothing.

oddjob 12-24-2006 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any comments about cleaning your face, proactiv, etc don't realize that if you have it bad, those things do almost nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

you obviously never saw jessica simpson or p diddy before they used proactive. it has preserved their sexy.

Hopey 12-24-2006 04:14 PM

As other people have said, you need to see a dermatologist. Clearasil obviously isn't doing it for you.

A guy I knew in high school was in much the same boat as you're describing. He had horrible acne until the day he graduated. However, I bumped into him at College a year later, and I didn't even recognize him. He'd gone on some heavy-duty (anti-acne) drugs over the summer, and his face totally cleared up. He had a little bit of scarring, but looked like a new man.

bisonbison 12-24-2006 04:18 PM

Because it's not really dangerous, almost no funding has ever been put into trying to cure it.

This seems ludicrous. If you could cure acne you'd make a large amount of mint.

Farfenugen 12-24-2006 04:22 PM

Wow, I am going through/have been through the exact same thing. I had horrible acne during highschool and it left some deep scars on my face. I haven't had the best confidence in the world and I developed a stutter early in college. Its gotten to the point where I can't complete a friggen sentence. I dove into alcohol because being in an inebriated state was the only way I could carry on a conversation. These past two years have been absolutely miserable for me. I was supposed to graduate a year ago but I have been too depressed to go to class and I just dropped every class midway through the semester. I hated myself.

However just in these past few weeks I have had a bit of an epiphany. Its pretty simple really.

You, and you alone have the ability to change things. All it takes is the will and follow through to do it. You want to get rid of your acne? Get a daily regimen where you are washing your face and using the strongest acne creams. You want to talk to women. Talk to them. If she doesn't like you. [censored] HER. Move on to the next one. Its a numbers game.

NOTHING WILL CHANGE UNLESS YOU MAKE IT CHANGE. I connot stress how inportant of a concept that is. If you do not embrace it and make it part of your daily life your life will waste away and you will amount to nothing.

Yeah, I hope that made sense.

flatline 12-24-2006 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like impotence and hair loss, right?