Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Any updates on these upcoming books....... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=290338)

scorer 12-27-2006 12:15 AM

Re: Any updates on these upcoming books.......

emailed the poker coach ciaffone/his reply was hopefully by spring 2007 his new book on NL cash games and tournies will be out.

Kovner 12-27-2006 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
emailed the poker coach ciaffone/his reply was hopefully by spring 2007 his new book on NL cash games and tournies will be out.

[/ QUOTE ]

People have been Emailing him and getting "a few months from now" responses since I've been playing poker (a couple years).

New York Jet 12-27-2006 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People have been Emailing him and getting "a few months from now" responses since I've been playing poker (a couple years).

[/ QUOTE ]
I have read some of the material from his "soon to be published book" (approx 49 pages). There is nothing earth shattering in it. If he would have finished it 2 years ago, it might have been. Harrington & Sklansky have covered everything Bob's material covered...plus much more.

Colt McCoy 12-28-2006 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have read some of the material from his "soon to be published book" (approx 49 pages).

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. He e-mailed me a section two years ago for his book that was coming out "this summer."

Colt McCoy 12-28-2006 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's my opinion that the Raymer book will not be done, Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, "Ever" is the impression I've gotten.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason or anyone, Do you know why this is the case? It doesn't even seem like it would be that much work for him. There's enough Raymer material in the archives for a book in itself. Is he just too focused on his new political career? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

scorer 12-28-2006 12:28 PM

Mason would know best as it would be a 2plus2 book from raymer, however a few months ago in an interview raymer said he was working on a book....

Jack Bando 12-28-2006 04:01 PM

IIRC, Raymer said he was getting writer's block/lazy (in regards to fitting writing into his schedule with tourneys,Stars games, family, etc...)