Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   i hate rolf slotboom (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=282913)

Troll_Inc 12-14-2006 08:49 AM

Re: i hate rolf slotboom

[ QUOTE ]
The solution to this [censored], since Lee refuses to respond in the thread in the zoo about this issue, is to only play on FT

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, really the thread should be I hate Lee and PokerStars. Can you or someone post a form letter that we can send to Poker Stars support? I'm too lazy to write one, but I'd definitely send one.

Is this really just a PLO issue? Or do people do the same in NL?

pete fabrizio 12-14-2006 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The solution to this [censored], since Lee refuses to respond in the thread in the zoo about this issue, is to only play on FT

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, really the thread should be I hate Lee and PokerStars. Can you or someone post a form letter that we can send to Poker Stars support? I'm too lazy to write one, but I'd definitely send one.

Is this really just a PLO issue? Or do people do the same in NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

The short-stack advantage is greater in PLO than in NLH. The big problem is that short stacks not only take away the profit the expert player would make from playing big pots better than they do, but that their mere presence decreases the amount of profit you can gain off of other big stacks.

If we want to start a stars email campaign, I don't think we need to ask them to just raise the minimum buy-in. What they should do is make optional "bigger buy-in" tables with the 50bb min (much like "fast" and "no all-in" tables), and let the players decide. I think I can predict the outcome.

glass_onion 12-14-2006 11:34 AM

Generally speaking I think it is a terrible idea to spread any information about this short stacking strategy. A very under the radar (not in any major bookstore) book has has terrible results for the game. Why advertise?

Anyone who puts thier time in on this site can find enough info about it, and figureo out the nuts and bolts. Seems counter intuitive to have a compilation on this issue, but not on other more legitamate PLO strategy: 6 max, pot building, drawing hands and value, etc.

my .02

biendover 12-14-2006 02:38 PM

Whats considered shortstacked because I buy-in for 60bb and feel that I should buy in for the max 100bb? 10-20bb shortstacking?

BluffTHIS! 12-14-2006 06:03 PM

Shortstacking is buying in for the minimum allowed which is usually 20bb on a 100bb max table, though I believe Pokerroom has a 10bb min buyin on such a table.

Also I agree with glass_onion that we should not give potential new shortstack queers a primer on shortstacking. However some threads on playing larger stacks and dealing with shortstacks and inhibiting their game to the degree possible would be very good.

glass_onion 12-14-2006 06:40 PM

20ish

gergery 12-14-2006 07:10 PM

As I type this, superboydan is sitting with $29 at a $5-10 tables, and has stayed at $29 without rebuying for more than a fullorbit. Why even play with less than 3BB????

i just don't get it

-g

autobet 12-14-2006 08:11 PM

He is the first to try Rolf's new Micro Stack Strategy (MSS) . It will be detailed in Rolf's new book How to Win at Poker if You Have Little Skill and No Heart. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

autobet 12-14-2006 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dealing with shortstacks and inhibiting their game to the degree possible would be very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Often they are going for a backraise, so making MIN raises is probably incorrect unless you want it backraised. I think Rolf mentioned it in his book.

Often they are trying to hit a flop, so raising the max will cause them to put a higher % in the pot cutting down on their implied odds.

Borknagar 12-15-2006 01:01 AM

How many of you realise that this thread is one hell of a promotion FOR shortstacking? Sounds like a good strategy to me.