Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Tough spot deep vs. v. tough tag (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=274690)

creedofhubris 12-04-2006 01:29 PM

Re: Tough spot deep vs. v. tough tag

[ QUOTE ]
I think call and CR a blank is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

winkandgun 12-04-2006 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ONE TIME BABY!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Vigorish 12-04-2006 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ONE TIME BABY!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtfsvi 12-05-2006 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...you can likely be drwaing to 1 out.

[/ QUOTE ] That does not seem very likely.

iRockhoes1 12-05-2006 12:30 AM

when you flop middle set, you could also be drawing to one out.

TheWorstPlayer 12-05-2006 09:33 AM

I dont understand why you T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]ers aren't worried about drawing dead. That would be my first concern. I think you should fold and wait for a better spot to get your chips in.

bugstud 12-05-2006 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont understand why you T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]ers aren't worried about drawing dead. That would be my first concern. I think you should fold and wait for a better spot to get your chips in.

[/ QUOTE ]

you obv get 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] instead, duh

ImNotSoGood 12-05-2006 11:29 AM

Fold? Huh? Why is anyone legitimately considering folding here(unless there is a spectacular read on the villain)? You have 8h9h and you flopped a flush against a TAG raiser on an ace high board, what else are you really looking for if you're playing 89h there. I agree with calling, and probably leading the turn for 1/3 the pot hoping to get raised. On the turn if you lead, the best affect to achieve would be convincing the villain that you are drawing/weak and are making a blocking bet. On another note, if the villain had flopped a higher flush, why would he 3 bet in position on the flop against an agg. opponent. And he is TAG, so if he flopped a flush he is likely to have flopped the nuts, or 2nd nuts as he is probably raising suited broadway cards and has little need to protect his hand.

jcmoussa 12-05-2006 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think the flop cr is odd, I too would have a wide range here, but I would rarely check raise to 1200 here...pot 1.7 with your call, then you raise 800? If I'm pulling the trigger it's 1.8k min.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with AZK here, also, i fold the flop to the 3 bet. Your hand screams flush or at least a set, and this guy doesnt seem to care. Youve also desribed him as a tag, so i dont think hes getting too tricky here, we're too deep too call, and we're often drawing dead.

ImNotSoGood 12-05-2006 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont think the flop cr is odd, I too would have a wide range here, but I would rarely check raise to 1200 here...pot 1.7 with your call, then you raise 800? If I'm pulling the trigger it's 1.8k min.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with AZK here, also, i fold the flop to the 3 bet. Your hand screams flush or at least a set, and this guy doesnt seem to care. Youve also desribed him as a tag, so i dont think hes getting too tricky here, we're too deep too call, and we're often drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

He 3 bets here and he automatically has a higher flush? I think most of the time we have him actually. Remember that the hero is aggressive, and the villain player could be doing this with a set, top 2, or TP and the nut draw. I agree though that 1.2 is way too little.