Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Official NFL Week 13 Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=274062)

Assani Fisher 12-03-2006 02:50 PM

Re: I woke up and my pots had iced over, you bitches

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Redskins -----------> PLAYOFFS!

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember when I said they should have been starting Campbell a long time ago? Yeah.....

[/ QUOTE ]Clearly you were right, but I don't think you had any inside info on Campbell or anything....some young QBs turn out to be good and some don't. Hes 2/2 on the day, so its not like they're throwing a ton, but he does have a long TD pass to Moss. I actually havn't even been able to watch any of the games(I live in NY) so I havn't been able to really form an opinion on him yet. I'd be estatic if he could play well enough to be trusted as the starter for next year.

Assani Fisher 12-03-2006 02:51 PM

actually 2/4 now that I look.

PokerFink 12-03-2006 02:52 PM

I was only half serious. I was impressed with Campbell in college, but I thought they should start him because there was no point in starting Brunell over him. I didn't think Campbell would be great right away.

The touchdown to Moss was luckboxed. He just chucked it up into double coverage, one defender fell, and Moss outjumped the other. It's nice having Santana Moss to throw deep to.

PokerFink 12-03-2006 02:56 PM

And the week has its first ridiculous roughing the passer penalty. Urlacher gets called for "flexing his muscles and shoving him to the ground." (ref's explanation, verbatim). The anouncers are openly tearing the call and the rule apart.

holeplug 12-03-2006 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And the week has its first ridiculous roughing the passer penalty. Urlacher gets called for "flexing his muscles and shoving him to the ground." (ref's explanation, verbatim). The anouncers are openly tearing the call and the rule apart.

[/ QUOTE ]

They just need to get it over with and say that if the QB falls down on any play its a penalty.

Assani Fisher 12-03-2006 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Obviously I'm biased since I'm rooting for the Vikes due to the bet, but I dont' think this one was as bad as some others I've seen. Urlacher did shove him clearly after the ball was released. But yeah....lol at that explanation.

PokerFink 12-03-2006 03:04 PM

Holy crap, Tony Siragusa just had a nice analysis (paraphrasing):

"By now, Grossman should realize that he has a great defense that can win games. He needs to be patient. There is no reason for him to take all these chances and make bad decisions. Just be patient and let the defense take care of things. If he was more patient and eliminated the mistakes, the Bears would be unbelivable."

Fans are booing Grossman a lot.

Assani Fisher 12-03-2006 03:04 PM

Watching Grossman now...

How on earth was this guy(and the entire offense) so good for the first few weeks of the season?

PokerFink 12-03-2006 03:22 PM

My guess is that teams weren't expecting them to throw deep all the time.

Richard Tanner 12-03-2006 03:24 PM

Re: Official NFL Week 13 Thread

Manning just threw his 2nd interception today. Although it's interesting to point out, of his 8 total this year, 5 have started in his receivers hands and been either tipped or dislodged. Lol Variancaments.

Cody