Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   25/50nl Play this draw with 300bb's (PART TWO, turn play) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=271997)

snugglez88 11-30-2006 08:07 PM

Re: 25/50nl Play this draw with 300bb\'s (PART TWO, turn play)

bet 2500, fold to an all in? I'm kind of lazy and didn't do the math on the draw. If he makes a smaller c/r you've gotta call and check down the river if you miss. Very interesting hand/discussion by the way, nice going.

jcmoussa 11-30-2006 08:15 PM

So is checking behind here not an option?

FoxwoodsFiend 11-30-2006 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So is checking behind here not an option?

[/ QUOTE ]

you can't win every hand by checking, moron.

gol4pro 11-30-2006 08:32 PM

Anyone like a weak lead to induce the CR, then an insta- shove over the top of it? I like this line a little more because then he actually isn't getting great pot odds to call with his supposed overpair?

On the contrary, if we bet 2/3-4/5 and he CR's, then he might not let it go b/c it's such good pot odds.

Am I just psycho?

FoxwoodsFiend 11-30-2006 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone like a weak lead to induce the CR, then an insta- shove over the top of it? I like this line a little more because then he actually isn't getting great pot odds to call with his supposed overpair?

On the contrary, if we bet 2/3-4/5 and he CR's, then he might not let it go b/c it's such good pot odds.

Am I just psycho?

[/ QUOTE ]

and this bet would represent what exactly?

aejones 11-30-2006 08:55 PM

2350-2950 on the turn.

If he check raises I'd immediately get sick to my stomach but I don't think I like shoving because we have almost no FE. I'm sure he likes to play an aggro game but us calling the flop and then betting the turn is not usually a draw and not usually something that is playing for pot control or a small pot in call down mode, so I think a CR bluff by him would be crazy without the goods, hence our lack of FE for a b3b given stack sizes.

TheWorstPlayer 12-01-2006 11:39 AM

check. once you just call the flop you should check the turn. calling the flop and then betting the turn is exactly what you DON'T want - only playing a big pot as a dog. With one card to come, you're not in good shape at all if you get it in here...

thabadguy 12-01-2006 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
check. once you just call the flop you should check the turn. calling the flop and then betting the turn is exactly what you DON'T want - only playing a big pot as a dog. With one card to come, you're not in good shape at all if you get it in here...

[/ QUOTE ]
FE, my furry little friend.

yenman 12-01-2006 12:20 PM

umm as played take free card? dont reopen the betting as u took a line that favored pot control. especially since ur hand improved...May be im just weak... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I am only a 2/4 player afterall. it's interesting to here high stakes player discuss hands. way more aggro and creative.

still... as played i would take a free card. if u think he folds over 50% of the time.. i dont mind a bet. if he sees u as weak tight, u gotta be careful. he sees u as cuatious si similarly he would be cautious. Most good players will have the goods when big pots comedown to the turn and river.

TheWorstPlayer 12-01-2006 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
FE, my furry little friend.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't have much. And this deep you want to win a big pot with a big hand. The chance to do that was on the flop. I would have raised the flop. But once you don't, I definitely do not want to play a big pot on the turn...

Edit: Bluffing this turn changes your awesome draw into ATC. He either folds (doesn't matter what your hand is) or he pushes (you get it all in as a dog). I don't like the line of call flop, bet turn at all...