Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Help CashmanBrian scammed me (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=269312)

LocaLegendWV 11-27-2006 04:17 PM

Re: Help CashmanBrian scammed me

Thank you for your email.

The transfer requests were submitted while you were logged in and
playing
in Tournament #36192212. If these were not requested by you, then you
need to figure out who while you were playing on your account managed
to
submit the transfers requests without your knowledge.

Regards,

Raul
PokerStars Security

LocaLegendWV 11-27-2006 04:20 PM

im not a scammer either check my database i play the 2k and 5k on stars hu

Yuv 11-27-2006 04:23 PM

This makes no sense unless you were scammed by someone pretending to be CashmanBrian.

LocaLegendWV 11-27-2006 04:24 PM

No i sent to CashmanBrian on stars
and iw as talking to cashmanbrian3 on aim

stevepa 11-27-2006 04:26 PM

I'm very confused. So you stake him in the 530 and presumably send him $530, right? Then he says he wants to pay you by neteller. Ok fine. Then for some reason you're going to send him $6k on stars and he'll transfer you back $6530 on neteller? This is beyond stupid, not only because the extra $6k doesn't need to be transferred but because (unless this has changed recently) neteller charges a 2% fee for person to person transfers and money on neteller can be put on stars for free in <1 minute. So I don't get how you fell for this scam. Also, I know nothing about cashmanbrian but it seems much more likely that you got scammed by someone impersonating him.

Steve

P.S. Please explain the extra $6k thing, as far as I can tell that was pointless and weird.

BadgerPro 11-27-2006 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This makes no sense unless you were scammed by someone pretending to be CashmanBrian.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my first thought. Are you sure it was cashmanbrian and not someone with a name close to his?

mlagoo 11-27-2006 04:27 PM

youre sure it wasnt someone named like cashmanbrlan or some other sort of thing where they replace a character

Soulman 11-27-2006 04:31 PM

steve,

from what I gather OP wanted a roll on FT and presumably didn't want to wait for the transaction to clear from Stars.

OP,
you probably got scammed. The real cashman has these IM nicks:
AIM: CashmanSupport
MSN: cashmanbrian@gmail.com
Yahoo IM: manuphan

In one post you say he's CashmanSupport on AIM, in another you say his nick was cashmanbrian3. Which one is it?

stevepa 11-27-2006 04:33 PM

soulman, ok I can't read. But still the second transfer should be through full tilt not neteller sine neteller charges you 2% for interaccount transfers.

ASPoker8 11-27-2006 04:33 PM

Steve, I think he means that the staking and the Neteller are separate.

He staked this guy in the 530 and the guy lost.

After this, he tells the guy that he wants to get some Neteller money to put on FTP. So the guy suggests that they do a Stars-Neteller swap, rather than OP having to wait a while to get $ on Neteller.

So OP thought this was a good idea and trusted him, thus sending him $6000 on Stars. The scammer then never sent the $6000 on Neteller (obv).

Thus the scam.