Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Long Multihand Post, Quiz - Mini session -80BB/100 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=259838)

Municipal Hare 11-14-2006 08:12 AM

Re: Long Multihand Post, Quiz - Mini session -80BB/100

[ QUOTE ]
Gruncho

C, I like C, all of the above, standard, yes, I don't bet the turn (I prefer c/c turn c/f river, standard.

[/ QUOTE ]
Curious to hear your reasoning on the bolded ones. Shouldn't the decision in H1 be between calling down and folding outright against 99% of opponents?

Guruman 11-14-2006 09:27 AM

--blind--

wow, no reads on anyone? that may be part of the problem. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

1)I calldown here because I see a lot of AQ and 55 type hands pulling this.

2)I should probably be raise/folding here, but since I'm not that disciplined I tend to just call. My river play needs work.

3)I like calling and checking the turn. I see this as a free card play alot and I want a free card as badly as my villain does. I'll checkraise the turn if I connect there, and donk the river if I connect there.

4)standard fold. a check after a pf limp is an offensive check, and you should be very wary of something like that.

5)I don't bet again, as you're getting called down by ace hia and some king highs. just check and checkraise when you cach on the river.

6)check and call there. some better hands will check through, and some worse hands will bet.

7)seems fine.

skillzilla 11-14-2006 10:41 AM

1 fold
2 call
3 call
4 good, sometimes bet the flop
5 dont donk, c/r
6 check-call, i would have maybe checked the turn
7 call and evaluate on turn

raze 11-14-2006 08:13 PM

H1 - Very tough. Don't call turn/fold river. I probably calldown. I don't give him credit for trips, but in a close decision like this, I opt to calldown in order to discourage future turn bluff-raises.

H2 - I might not have the balls, but I think this is a raise here. If he indeed has trips or better, he should have check/raised that turn for an extra bet, because he knows you know he ain't got that 3. Also, your Queens-up beat any 2-pair combo here barring AA/KK. Raise/call.

H3 - Actually, I would try and check/raise that flop. From my WPX experiences, people love to cold-call / raise flop, even with overs in a field.

H4 - Fine, bet flop if you want.

H5 - Very interesting. Worth a stab I suppose... but check/fold is OK too against 3 opponents.

H6 - This is why I keep notes on induced bluffing. Very read-dependent here.. default I would check/call and note his hand. Unless you know he can bluff here, I'm pretty sure a check/CALL is -EV; however, I would love to see what he'll bet on the river here for future hands.

AdamL 11-14-2006 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. If I couldn't fold here, I won't have bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how that makes any sense. Can you explain?

Jiggymike 11-15-2006 02:17 AM

I keep trying to ansswer this and things keep going wrong. Anyway, here we go:

H1 - Call down. The 4 is a good card to bluff or semibluff with a flush draw on if you are just defending your blind. TT is way ahead of his range here.

H2 - Raise with the intention of folding to a 3bet. This looks like either a missed flush draw or a sloppy T to me. A full house probably would've check-raised the turn and he would have bet a higher pair earlier most likely.

H3 - I 3/bet this flop and pump the pot with my pair + FD. The best thing about this is it disguises your hand so you might keep getting action from 2pair even after you make your flush.

H4 - Easy fold in this baby pot.

H5 - I think I would rather just check, too many hands that will call you with that board and you are ahead of about 0 of them. Unless you are very dedicated to firing 1 more on the river to a safe card, I c/f. If you think you have 6 good outs you coudl call a bet closing the action as well.

H6 - Bet/fold. He might call down 1 diamond with a weak pair here (K8) or an even weaker draw. I think he will call a lot of hands that he won't bet so you win more when ahead but lose the same when behind.

H7 - Yeah I just fold. You could peel one but in this small pot I don't see why.

EDIT: I notice a lot of people recommend checking hand 6 on the river. For some reason this isn't the type of hand I think people will bluff a lot on with all those high cards and diamonds out there. More likely, I think he will bet hands that beat you although he might also check a few hands that beat you. However, he will check a lot of his weaker hands that he might've called with. I expect someone to call with one of the lower pairs on the board pretty often here but never bet them.

Kwaz 11-15-2006 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gruncho

C, I like C, all of the above, standard, yes, I don't bet the turn (I prefer c/c turn c/f river, standard.

[/ QUOTE ]
Curious to hear your reasoning on the bolded ones. Shouldn't the decision in H1 be between calling down and folding outright against 99% of opponents?

[/ QUOTE ]

H1. This is a free showdown raise from a weaker hand a lot. Calling the river bet is a close decision but a fold I think I can make.
H5. I think betting is marginally better than c/f.

Rev. Good Will 11-15-2006 11:42 AM

I usually be the flop every time in hand 4.

27offsooot 11-15-2006 12:11 PM

1. call down
2. raise/ call
3. 3B
4. fold
5. I think checking this flop is best and def. wouldn't bet turn
6. B/F
7. fold seems fine, although i usually peel.

HerbieGRD 11-15-2006 12:33 PM

Without reading other responses.....

H1 - I call down - I think this is an underpair to your tens just often enough to make it good plus I am a showdown monkey

H2 - Raise/Call but if I get 3-bet I expect to see a set of 4's quite often here

H3 - 3 bet flop and lead the turn unless he caps but slow down if he keeps going strong obv. FWIW I am showing this down even UI unless an A hits (showdown monkey + big pot = no fold)

H4 - I bet this flop but whatever - obv turn fold

H5 - flop is fine - I bet this turn as well but I think c/f is probably better - with 3 opponents one of them has a boat almost always here and they aren't folding it - you will only get trapped for another bet on the river if you hit

H6 - bet/fold seems right - he will almost never bluff raise you on that board after you have bet the whole way down

H7 - I would peel but I peel too much