Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   ($60 Turbo) ryanghall inspired me to post this JJ (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=254573)

Snarf 11-07-2006 11:56 AM

Re: ($60 Turbo) ryanghall inspired me to post this JJ

[ QUOTE ]
Shove 4k into a 1k pot with the big stack in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

15% of our stack in the center, and its not like there is an amount we can RR to that outprices UTG's low-end range and still allows us to play postflop poker.

Snarf 11-07-2006 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I make raise to 1200 pf. With the intention of folding to a shove. There is a lot of dead money in the middle and you likely have the best hand however due to the deepness of stacks it gives you a chance to get away if he has an overpair. Sometimes he will shove AK and you will fold the best hand but this seems like a good line to take.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't villian have 2:1 preflop?

As a LAGgy CL w/position on the hand wouldn't he call a wide range here?

I like you're line if he'd fold or push, but I think him cold-calling is a fairly good possibility here.

ir0nphist 11-07-2006 12:00 PM

Interesting hand due to stack sizes & LAG bigstack.

I don't really like the c/c, c/c, c/f line on a coordinated board like this. It makes it too easy for a good LAG player to keep firing. He may feel like there's too good of a chance you're calling with the oesd. I would c/r the flop to 1600, then fold to a push. I don't think villain will push a worse hand unless he has the oesd himself. Folding to villain's push would leave you in 2nd with almost 2400 and 3 shorties at 1400 and less.

Snarf 11-07-2006 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't really like the c/c, c/c, c/f line on a coordinated board like this. It makes it too easy for a good LAG player to keep firing. He may feel like there's too good of a chance you're calling with the oesd. I would c/r the flop to 1600, then fold to a push. I don't think villain will push a worse hand unless he has the oesd himself. Folding to villain's push would leave you in 2nd with almost 2400 and 3 shorties at 1400 and less.

[/ QUOTE ]

disagree

you're giving villian 3:1 on the call, and I think the move is also faily transparant. A clueful LAG would see through this and overshove A9, K9, maybe even more. (air, etc...)

durron597 11-07-2006 12:14 PM

to everyone who says why i didn't play this hand more aggressively, the answer is he and i have all the chips. so I wanted to play it carefully.

That doesn't mean a flop c/r isn't wrong, or a reraise preflop, but c/r shove the turn is awful (imo).

Also, I was very confident that he would not valuebet AT on the river. He's a GOOD lag, not a lagTARD.

ir0nphist 11-07-2006 12:15 PM

No way villain is shoving air against hero's c/r. Why would he do that against the only other stack that could truly hurt him? Like I said the worst hand he shoves with is the oesd. Every other hand he shoves will be way ahead. If he's a good lag like durron said, he's folding AT & at least thinking about folding QQ-AA.

durron597 11-07-2006 12:17 PM

i really think there are 3 reasonable lines here:

1) call pre, c/c, c/c, c/f; cons to this: he may put us on OESD that whiffed and try to push us off the best hand on river with ace high
2) call pre, c/r flop, fold to allin; cons to this: if he just calls what are you doing oop on the turn?
3) reraise pre, fold to allin: cons to this: we sometimes fold the best hand to AK or AQ or TT, also what do we do if he just calls on this board? stick it in?

Eagles 11-07-2006 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

disagree

you're giving villian 3:1 on the call, and I think the move is also faily transparant. A clueful LAG would see through this and overshove A9, K9, maybe even more. (air, etc...)

[/ QUOTE ]
Snarf,
This play is not transparent at all seeing how it is the exact same way I play aa and kk.

Snarf 11-07-2006 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

disagree

[/ QUOTE ]
Snarf,
This play is not transparent at all seeing how it is the exact same way I play aa and kk.

[/ QUOTE ]

you'd coldcall AA/KK after one caller already?

w/out the SB caling in I'd change my mind about my own post.

Pudge714 11-07-2006 12:23 PM

Does anyone this board ever bet/fold?