Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Feeling sad after drinking heavily for a day or two (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=254296)

guids 11-07-2006 01:03 AM

Re: Feeling sad after drinking heavily for a day or two

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I get this too, once in a great while, its kind of a nice sad though, not a real one, I also get really punch drunk happy moreso. If I could have a constant punch drunk happy hangover, id be the funniest person alive, as it puts me on my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny. I'm the same way. After a night or two of heavy drinking, i'm put in an odd state that is a combination of meloncholy/witty/laid-back/retrospective. And the result is that i get nonchalantly flirty as hell and just on point with gaming the female population. I also get up extremely early, with no fuss.

My theory is that you're still feeling the effects of the alcohol, but combined with a certain distance from the last act and some sleep in between, so you're thrown off your balance and you're in a kinda conscious limbo.

[/ QUOTE ]

zen-like is the best way to describe it, if I could bottle that though, Id be a billionaire.

Lazy Meatball 11-07-2006 02:38 AM

Sometimes I just feel completely mentally drained the next day. Slowed reaction time, not creative, little to no conversational skills. Usually I fix this by having a beer.

KSPD 11-07-2006 03:25 AM

I've noticed this too.

My initial solution was to just eliminate the days that I didn't drink, thereby creating a constant cycle of drunkeness. This worked wonderfully until I decided that the drinking was bad for my health.

I slowed down the drinking, got depressed and found myself near suicidal.

moral: drink to save your life.

DeezNuts 11-07-2006 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Over my college years I noticed this strange phenomenon. I would go out drinking often on weekends. Then on the following Sunday I would feel depressed. This could be explained that I was just sad cause the party was over but it seems to always follow heavy drinking. Also it wasnt strictly on the weekends if I happened to drink heavily mid week it would happen then too.

I have begun to wonder if this might be a chemical effect from the drug on my brain. I havent found any research that supports this though on google. Has anyone else had a similar experience to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this happen from time to time, but moreso as I get older. It sucks.

DN

Toe-Knee 11-07-2006 03:30 AM

Totally get this too. Also I have Social anxiety dissorder, so, of course, I self medicate with teh alkey. Then the day after I find myself super antisocial, I hate to even go downstairs and have a cig (in a dorm) cause I might have to talk to people. I suck......

yellowjack 11-07-2006 03:42 AM

I get the whole depression too very often, and I'm a bit anti-social as well. Correlation? Let's increase the sample size...

yellowjack 11-07-2006 03:48 AM

SkandarAkbar 11-07-2006 04:32 AM

so sucking down depressants makes you depressed?... what crap.

mikewvp 11-07-2006 05:06 AM

Maybe you are just depressed. Go to a shrink.

rubbrband 11-07-2006 07:26 AM

I know this sounds crazy but don't drink hardcore for days on end. If you go hard one night take it a little easy next night. I used to have the same problem but I never did anything about it lol.