Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   maybe too opponent specific to get a constructive thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=251139)

Matt Flynn 11-05-2006 11:39 PM

Re: maybe too opponent specific to get a constructive thread

sam,

first thing i thought was raise.

second, call.

third, fold.

it's all terribly flow dependent though. i saw your results. doesn't change my answer.

matt

good2cu 11-05-2006 11:40 PM

Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
I posted this hand, because I feel a reasonable argument can be made for all three of the possibilities - calling, folding, or raising (as a bluff of course). I chose to call, but in retrospect, I think folding and raising might be better options. The result was kind of interesting: he had the other two threes.

[/ QUOTE ]
hmm intresting. sick value bet.

KRANTZ 11-06-2006 12:16 AM

i agree w matt i think

mak15 11-06-2006 01:21 AM

so we're repping an 8 with a raise?

Triumph36 11-06-2006 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I posted this hand, because I feel a reasonable argument can be made for all three of the possibilities - calling, folding, or raising (as a bluff of course). I chose to call, but in retrospect, I think folding and raising might be better options. The result was kind of interesting: he had the other two threes.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but it's obviously a bluff to get out some other mid-pairs. I don't think he feels like you'd look him up here with AK high - would you?

Colms 11-06-2006 02:43 AM

i'd prefer to raise here.

FoxwoodsFiend 11-06-2006 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but it's obviously a bluff to get out some other mid-pairs. I don't think he feels like you'd look him up here with AK high - would you?

[/ QUOTE ]

if 33 is a call, so is AK. they're obviously not identical here since 33 is counting on AK being shown a good amount, but they're pretty damn close.

Nezzar 11-06-2006 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

More like bad bluff.

Triumph36 11-06-2006 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if 33 is a call, so is AK. they're obviously not identical here since 33 is counting on AK being shown a good amount, but they're pretty damn close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though AK may be a better hand than 33 to float with, paradoxically it's way more likely in my experience that players will float with small pairs rather than overcards. A lot of players seem to give up with AK because of the possible reverse implied odds of continuing past the flop.

Nezzar 11-06-2006 04:07 AM

Sam,

Against opponent described raise less pf and see flops with position and a stack behind.

And yeah, if opponent is good i like a fold more than a call in the hand.

but its close and as you said arguments for calling, folding and raising could be made althoguh i dislike raising.