Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   "This is Our Country" (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=247910)

AncientPC 10-29-2006 10:37 PM

Re: \"This is Our Country\"

I hate that commercial. I understand that it's trying to stir up patriotic pride, but it doesn't sell that message well.

TheRover 10-29-2006 10:40 PM

About everything shown in that commercial is negative or has negative connotations, it's really kind of a weird commercial.

TheNoodleMan 10-29-2006 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate that commercial. I understand that it's trying to stir up patriotic pride, but it doesn't sell that message well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, do you realize that Mellencamp has been very vocal about opposing Bush?

MoreWineII 10-29-2006 10:55 PM

I saw this thread title and knew exactly what you were talking about. So you might be onto something.

AncientPC 10-30-2006 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, do you realize that Mellencamp has been very vocal about opposing Bush?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we talking about the same commercial? I'm referring to the Chevy truck commercial where they intermix scenes of 9/11 and Katrina with pickups and firemen.

prohornblower 10-30-2006 12:58 AM

The only worse commercial right now is the Jay-Z one. WTF OMG he's BACK EXPECT EVERYTHING!!! HE TOLD US HE WAS HOT!

Where the hell did he go!? AXL ROSE...now HE'S BACK. It's been 13 years since an album. Jaz Z is not back from anything, other than tapping Beyonce. Can't they just combine the 2 and have a Chevy/Bud commercial and say "This is Jay's Country"? ending with an asscrack shot of Beyonce?

ridonkulous 10-30-2006 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ending with an asscrack shot of Beyonce?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the whole commercial is just an asscrack shot of Beyonce?

PITTM 10-30-2006 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw this thread title and knew exactly what you were talking about. So you might be onto something.

[/ QUOTE ]

this commercial made me change the channel everytime it came on today. luckily i have sunday ticket and could change over to anything else and wait 15 more seconds until that commercial was on again. it has just been played WAYYYYY too much.

rj

sightless 10-30-2006 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yup

ThaSaltCracka 10-30-2006 01:36 AM

yeah this commercial and JM blow.