Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2006 NFL Draft (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=24760)

Mark L 01-31-2006 10:58 AM

Re: 2006 NFL Draft

very little chance the lions draft a QB. they are probably eyeing whoever the 2nd best OT in the draft is, but i wish they would trade up for D brick.

CCass 01-31-2006 11:17 AM

Unfortunately, I think you are correct that TN will take VY. I fear that he will be the next Mike Vick. I would prefer that TN take either Ferguson or even Cutler over VY.

Cutler will be the better pro QB IMO.

OneChipWarrior 01-31-2006 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lendale will go to the cardinals

[/ QUOTE ]

over DeAngelo Williams? why do you think that?

[/ QUOTE ]

The cards would make a huge mistake taking Lendale over Williams.

THAY3R 01-31-2006 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, I think you are correct that TN will take VY. I fear that he will be the next Mike Vick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy would that suck.

OneChipWarrior 01-31-2006 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, I think you are correct that TN will take VY. I fear that he will be the next Mike Vick. I would prefer that TN take either Ferguson or even Cutler over VY.

Cutler will be the better pro QB IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you basing this off of having seen him play or just the wierd hype that seems to have enshrouded him recently.

I've been hearing a lot about Cutler but I've never seen him throw the football. Just wondering if he's up to snuff.

RunDownHouse 01-31-2006 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
9.DET-Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt-Call me crazy, but 5 years from now I think Cutler is the QB everybody talks about from this draft. Great arm strength and accuracy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cutler won't be a success at all if he doesn't land on a team that can take him back to basics. As a Vandy alumn who's watched him his entire career, I can say that his fundamentals are absolutely horrible. That bleeds over into every other aspect of his game, and he can't have a good pro career without fixing those problems first.

thatpfunk 01-31-2006 04:18 PM

what fundamentals are you talking about?

i only watched the senior bowl briefly but it looked to me like his footwork and pocket presence were excellent. he also made some tough touch passes. i was v. impressed.

Aytumious 01-31-2006 04:22 PM

We much have watched a different game because Cutler's throws were very inconsistent. Some throws were on the mark and others were off the mark by 5 yards. He ended up 6-19 for 69 yards with a pick and a TD.

thatpfunk 01-31-2006 04:32 PM

um, well maybe briefly also means selective memory. ill be quiet now.

RunDownHouse 01-31-2006 04:41 PM

His footwork in particular is bad on a regular basis. Pocket presence isn't something I'd single out about being awful, but its certainly nothing (first round) special. How much of that is always being behind Vandy's O-line versus SEC D-lines is something that's a bit hard to separate, though.