Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Don't stack-a-donk the good players, guys (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=245406)

terp 10-26-2006 05:29 AM

Re: Don\'t stack-a-donk the good players, guys

the point that merits discussion more here, bilbo, is your lame turn bet. every time i have an overpair/AJ/etc here and a TAGish player 1/2pots the turn, i know i'm beat. too many of you guys go all donkish when you get the absolute or near nuts. you got lucky that he didn't see through your valuebet and stacked himself.

Dan Bitel 10-26-2006 06:20 AM

a turn C/R is fine here.

If he leads, what worse hand can you call with?

deaders 10-26-2006 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the point that merits discussion more here, bilbo, is your lame turn bet. every time i have an overpair/AJ/etc here and a TAGish player 1/2pots the turn, i know i'm beat. too many of you guys go all donkish when you get the absolute or near nuts. you got lucky that he didn't see through your valuebet and stacked himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are saying he should bet more? Whats so bad about 1/2 pot here?

jtr 10-26-2006 08:15 AM

If you have 110 hands on him, we can perhaps assume that he also has 110 hands on you. That doesn't seem like anywhere near enough for him to draw some of the conclusions you seem to be expecting him to draw.

chesspain 10-26-2006 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stack a donk line I've used on soooo many tags and it is a very good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please explain the basics of the "Stack-a-donk" line.

jtr 10-26-2006 08:53 AM

Check-raise turn all-in with an overpair after being the flop aggressor.

Pete H 10-26-2006 09:14 AM

I don't think stack-a-donk is that bad against a good player in this spot.

It discourages floating and at least at party I successfully stacked many taggish players that called with TPGK.

I've been on a break for over a week now and have only played 1-2k hands at FT so really don't know how well the line works there.

NP: Halford - Made In Hell

ftball0000 10-26-2006 09:20 AM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] stack a donk

ChipStorm 10-26-2006 09:25 AM

Have to agree with OP, putting all your chips in the middle with a lousy pair of Qs, after villain has called your pfr, called your flop lead, and bet the flop, is just dumb.

If they were Aces, and the board offered more opportunity for villain to have hit an inferior hand, then stack-a-donk away.

But this board is J high, paired. You are more likely here to have whiffed completely, or to have him beat right out of the box. Much less likely to have made a hand he beats, that you will call a push on. Bad play by villain.

Pete H 10-26-2006 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If they were Aces, and the board offered more opportunity for villain to have hit an inferior hand, then stack-a-donk away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that changes anything. How many TAGs just call a pf raise with QQ+?

NP: Kotiteollisuus - Soin