Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Stars New Rakeback Values for $100NL and $200NL Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=243452)

kslghost 10-23-2006 10:20 PM

Re: Stars New Rakeback Values for $100NL and $200NL Full Ring

I don't think VPPs can be used as FPPs. Getting more VPPs seems to make it easier to become a supernova, but you don't get an FPP for every VPP...

kslghost 10-23-2006 10:22 PM

Your MGR should not be THAT different from your rake...

kslghost 10-23-2006 10:25 PM

Do you now get FPPs at $.40?

Cry Me A River 10-23-2006 10:27 PM

Yeah, 6-max gets a worse deal than full ring. In general when it comes to bonuses &etc, limit>NL>6-max.

IMHO, there's two good reasons for this:

1) In terms of popularity, 6-max>FR and NL>limit so sites in general are looking to encourage play at the less popular games. Most players are not savvy enough to do this type of price comparrison, but, this keeps more money in those economies longer which encourages more play.

2) Bad players go broke faster at 6-max than they do at full ring. And they go broke fater at NL then they do at limit. So the house gets less rake in the long run. It's encouragement to play games which make the house more $$.

kslghost 10-23-2006 10:31 PM

This is not the real reason... it's generally just because 6-max generates less rake overall, but takes a larger percentage from each player. If you think about it, there's little ways they can make it so that 6-max NL games would earn more FPPs without an unusual skew like changing the rake numbers.

6-max SSNL generates a lot of small pots that don't produce FPPs and what not, and NL generates less consistent rake than limit.

kslghost 10-23-2006 10:34 PM

LOL i just saw the post by Lee Jones, and understand better now what you are referring to. FWIW you meant FPP not VPP.

Cry Me A River 10-23-2006 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think VPPs can be used as FPPs. Getting more VPPs seems to make it easier to become a supernova, but you don't get an FPP for every VPP...

[/ QUOTE ]

You generate VPP's based on raked hands. VPP determines Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum/Supernova.

FPP's are a multiple of VPP and your VIP level. (ie: for Silver, FPP=VPP*1.5)

The change makes it easier for low-limit players to attain higher VIP levels and generate FPP's which are traded in at the store.

[ QUOTE ]
Your MGR should not be THAT different from your rake...

[/ QUOTE ]

???

[ QUOTE ]
Do you now get FPPs at $.40?

[/ QUOTE ]

Up to $200NL you now get 1 VPP for every pot raked $.40 or more. Bonus point for $3 rake ($2 at 6-max).

Cry Me A River 10-23-2006 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL i just saw the post by Lee Jones, and understand better now what you are referring to. FWIW you meant FPP not VPP.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, keep reading that thread. I have it right, Lee switched them.

VPP determines your VIP level and multiplier.

You trade FPP in at the store.

kslghost 10-23-2006 10:40 PM

Yeap, just read more. I didn't realize that by earning a VPP it now means you also earn an FPP since they were given at the same # before for NL games... I got even more confused when I read that your thread and thought that VPPs were given at 40 cents, but FPPs remained the same. And then i read that thread which says they are at the same threshhold.

And I'm going to go lie down. :-D

Cry Me A River 10-23-2006 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not the real reason... it's generally just because 6-max generates less rake overall, but takes a larger percentage from each player. If you think about it, there's little ways they can make it so that 6-max NL games would earn more FPPs without an unusual skew like changing the rake numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, base bonuses/VPP type programs directly on MGR/rake instead of "raked hands" (however a raked hand is defined). However, virtually no sites do this for these types of promotions.

Why? Just to hide the magnitude of rake from players? IMHO, it's far more likely that it's because doing so favours games that are more profitable for the site in which case limit>NL and FR>6-max.