Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   san fran restuarant (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=238870)

arsoisaen 10-18-2006 02:25 AM

Re: san fran restuarant

went to farallon once, my simplified review =

service: 10 (went early nobody really there)
appetizers : 8
entrees: 5
value: 2

220 for 4, no desset, no wine.

El Diablo 10-18-2006 02:39 AM

S,

"i think thats all of it, let me know if i missed anything"

Hmmmmm.....

PITTM 10-18-2006 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
went to farallon once, my simplified review =

service: 10 (went early nobody really there)
appetizers : 8
entrees: 5
value: 2

220 for 4, no desset, no wine.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying that 55 dollars each for dinner and appetizers is a lot? im confused?

rj

arsoisaen 10-18-2006 04:35 AM

a lot for what i considered the quality.

places such as boulevard aqua and gary danko would be the same price if you skip dessert, and i think those are a lot better than farallon. normally i would get dessert but ran out of time.

El Diablo 10-18-2006 01:58 PM

ars,

1) Farallon is imo far better than Boulevard and at something like $75 for app + entree + glass of wine + dessert, a very good value for top-notch fine dining seafood.

2) I agree Farallon is a slight notch down, but is also less expensive than Aqua and Gary Danko.

3) Gary Danko FYI is $61/77/92 for 3/4/5 courses, also a fantastic deal for an incredible meal. (3 course meal at Gary Danko is about equiv to app + entree at Farallon) For Danko I recommend the four course - app + fish or meat + cheese plate + dessert. Five if you're hungrier.

Ray Zee 10-18-2006 06:21 PM

S

always reverse what el d says to order and you can expect a fine dining experience, sorry you didnt know that. next time read my post.

Leaky Eye 10-18-2006 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Farallon is imo far better than Boulevard

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Not even close. You can walk into Farallon on a weekend night and get a table for a reason.

El Diablo 10-19-2006 05:29 AM

LE,

Yeah, because Boulevard is perpetually overrated and for years has coasted on its prior reviews.

thatpfunk 10-19-2006 06:17 AM

gary danko's was spectacular. 4 course+wine pairing was perfect.

Ray Zee 10-20-2006 12:25 AM

el d

i might be coming down earlier this year to visit. can you please make a list of the possible great restaurants say 25 or so that you will take me to and pay for a memorable dining experience.

dave has his POS car fixed so i might even drive up to the city with him and not make you send for a limo for me.

just because you have been such a wonderful friend dave and i(mostly dave) have decided to give you an autographed copy of our new high stakes limit holdem book for a much reduced price.