Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   collusion? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=233275)

brettbrettr 10-11-2006 09:40 AM

Re: collusion?

To me the biggest beneficiary of this is player c, the BB.

brettbrettr 10-11-2006 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wait...so are you saying that the SB is colluding against the BB? I'm confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

I was not involved in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see how this might *develop" into collusion later on in the hand. But not getting squeezed out here has to be good for the BB, no?

*TT* 10-11-2006 10:07 AM

explain how calling an early position raiser in the small blind to keep the big blind in the hand rather than 3-betting is colluding, there has got to be more to the story no? Looks more like bad play to me.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

AngusThermopyle 10-11-2006 11:30 AM

If A and B are a 'team', why would they soft play each other HU? Please, tell me. I assume that this is a timed game, or that the rake has already been maxxed.

If I were colluding with Bob, every time we were HU, I would have us do strange and wild plays. That way all the other players would get the wrong reads on us, and the team would benefit.

danzasmack 10-11-2006 11:38 AM

I've played with my dad in the same game. Once i had QQ he had KK and once I had KK he had AA.

My dad basically said after the 1st time "I should have just called, everyone knows I wouldn't 3 bet you without a strong hand" or something to that effect. Would that be colluding? Meh i don't think so at all - he is basically using deception in this spot and deviating from his normal play.

That being said, we both concluded it's kinda bad for the game and the 3 or 4 BB's you can win in this spot by just calling isn't worth turning a good/happy game sour.

Vehn 10-11-2006 02:27 PM

I really didnt think I would have to explain this but to me this seems pretty obvious collusion or at least being unethical. Obviously the sb cannot make any more money than one sb if he 3-bets preflop and knocks out the bb as he will check down post flop with the other player. By just calling he allows the bb to come in and gets to play the hand out.

brettbrettr 10-11-2006 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
player A and player B softplay each other heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, if by this you mean he will always check-down with his buddy then yeah. But I sort of assumed there were shades to softplaying....

stinkypete 10-11-2006 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
explain how calling an early position raiser in the small blind to keep the big blind in the hand rather than 3-betting is colluding, there has got to be more to the story no? Looks more like bad play to me.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

whether it's good play or bad play isn't really relevant. the intention seems pretty clear, particularly if this is a guy who normally doesnt cold call with aces.

drewjustdrew 10-11-2006 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously the sb cannot make any more money than one sb

[/ QUOTE ]

Surprisingly, I am not at all confused by your posts. It might be collusion, but when collusion actually hurts the team and helps the "victim", I'm not sure there is a problem, other than acceptance of disintegrity (if that is a word).

Vehn 10-11-2006 03:16 PM

uh how could this possibly hurt the team?