Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Name my Company (if we pick it, I'll send you $100) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=228889)

Thremp 10-05-2006 02:33 AM

Re: Name my Company (if we pick it, I\'ll send you $100)

Make something in Arabic, I'm sure you'll get lots of biznaz.

calmB4storm 10-05-2006 02:43 AM

Forward Financial

Reef 10-05-2006 03:48 AM

United Mortgage Solutions
San Jose Mortgage & Properties

poker-penguin 10-05-2006 06:21 AM

Andrew and Kasey - The House Guys
Castle Advisors / Castle Property Solutions
FTW Brokers
Stewart-Soss Partners

aramfingal 10-05-2006 06:22 AM

Village Unique Properties
village being a trendy word for wealthy suburbs.
unique for your purple cow ideas.
the words are unrelated, and make it sound like it could be the result of a merger, making it seem like you have more experience.
or village unique realty might be better.

grando 10-05-2006 06:33 AM

Flancrest Enterprises

mshalen 10-05-2006 11:32 AM

What exactly will this company be doing? Based on what you wrote it sounds like a typical residential brokerage company that has a side mortgage business. But then you added property management and commercial, which are both aimed at very different markets from the residential side of the business.

I currently own a commercial real estate brokagege company that specializes in tenant representation of small (under 10,000 sf) tenants (yes this sounds like a very small market niche but most companies have under 25 employees and are not pusued or served by the large multinational firms). So I picked a name that tells people excactly what I do "Tenant Advisors". You would be amazed how many calls/hits I get based just on the fact that my name tells people exactly what I do. As a test try standing a street corner and ask 1,000 people to name a commercial real estate firm - I would bet maybe 10 people could name one of the top 5 firms. So when small companies in my area search for a firm they have no idea who Cushman and Wakefield are or that CB/Richard Ellis is not he same company as Grubb & Ellis.

Think about what keywords an uninformed typical potential customer would use to search on google and use those words in your name. If you were looking for a property mangement firm and opened the yellow pages would you call "Johnson and Associates Property Management" or "Property Management Solutions"?

I would suggest that you form seprate companies to work within each type of business specialty. Form a residential brokerage, a property mangement company, a mortgage company and a commercial brokerage. Then pick names that work for each industry specific company. If you pick one name that tries to encompass all these business niches you will not have a specific name that will help a potential client to pick up the phone or click on your PPC adv.

PanchoVilla 10-05-2006 01:00 PM

My ideas

Kramerica Investments
Kramerica Financial
Brown Trout Property (very purple cowish name)
All County Properties (along with the obvious tag line)
"We keep you from getting sacked for a loss"

(Sup Bro Investments just doesn't inpsire much confidence)

Pancho

PS Whatever you pick can you make sure you post the name somewhere. I am a licensed Realtor in San Jose and would like to keep aware in case my current boss sleeps with my wife or something.

DrNo888 10-05-2006 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PS Whatever you pick can you make sure you post the name somewhere. I am a licensed Realtor in San Jose and would like to keep aware in case my current boss sleeps with my wife or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you mean when you start sleeping with his wife???

PanchoVilla 10-05-2006 04:39 PM

Maybe that is what I really meant DrNo, but it sounds sooooo much less sleazy the way I asked it.........

Pancho